OMEGA-3 PUFA MARKET: Summary
The Global Omega-3 PUFA Market is projected to reach a value of USD 10.61 billion, exhibiting a CAGR of around 12% during the review period.
Omega-3 PUFA, i.e., Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in oil from fish, vegetable oils, nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds, flaxseed oil, and leafy vegetables. These fatty acids are not produced by the body and hence are consumed in the diet. The consumption of these Omega-3 fatty acids is necessary as they lower the production of triglycerides in the body and offer various health benefits.
OMEGA-3 PUFA MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Health Benefits Associated with the Consumption of Omega-3 PUFA
Omega-3 PUFA is an integral part of cell membranes throughout the body and affect the function of the cell receptors in these membranes. They are responsible for the production of hormones that regulate blood clotting, contraction and relaxation of artery walls, and inflammation. Consumption of omega-3 fats helps to prevent heart disease and stroke, control lupus, eczema, and rheumatoid arthritis and may play protective roles in cancer and other conditions. It lowers the level of triglycerides, thus reducing the risks for coronary artery disease, heart disease, and stroke.
Moreover, it fights depression, anxiety, autoimmune diseases, and promotes brain health, among others.
Thus, health benefits provided by the consumption of omega-3 PUFA is projected to drive the market in the coming years.
- Use of Omega-3 in Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
Omega-3 (linolenic acid) is renowned for its anti-inflammatory metabolites and calming, soothing skin benefits. Omega-3 is used for applications such as anti-aging care, anti-wrinkle care, skincare, sun & after-sun care, hair care, and hand & nail care. Linolenic acid is widely used in moisturizing creams and lotions, bar soaps, lipsticks, shampoos, and therapeutic skin preparations for dryness, eczema, and psoriasis.
Rising consciousness about appearance and good looks among the consumers coupled with affordability is expected to drive the demand for omega-3 in cosmetics & personal care products. The demand is further driven by the damage caused by pollution, UV radiation, poor eating habits, and others.
Thus, the use of omega-3 PUFA in the cosmetics & personal care industry is expected to propel the global omega-3 PUFA market.
- Side Effects of Over Consumption of Omega-3 PUFA
Omega-3 PUFA, if consumed in larger quantities can result in the number of side effects. Side effects include high blood sugar, bleeding, low blood pressure, diarrhea, acid reflux, stroke, insomnia, vitamin A toxicity, among others.
Therefore, side effects caused by overconsumption of Omega-3 PUFA is expected to restrain the market growth during the assessment period.
Omega-3 PUFA market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on type: Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA), and Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA).
- Segmentation based on source: Plant and Marine.
- Segmentation based on application: Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Functional Foods & Beverages, Animal Nutrition, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Omega-3 PUFA MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the Omega-3 PUFA market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Source, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Cargill, Incorporated (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc
- Biosearch life
- Arjuna Natural Pvt Ltd
- Huatai Biopharm Inc.
- KD Nutra
- U.G.A. Nutraceuticals S.r.l.
- Other Key Companies
Omega-3 PUFA MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Omega-3 PUFA Market, by Type
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA)
Omega-3 PUFA Market, by Source
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
Omega-3 PUFA Market, by Application
- Dietary Supplements
- Functional Foods & Beverages
- Animal Nutrition
Omega-3 PUFA Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Omega-3 PUFA Market Providers
- Omega-3 PUFA Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Omega-3 PUFA Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE OMEGA-3 PUFA MARKET STUDY