Oleochemicals Market: Summary
The Global Oleochemicals Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 32.7 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.7%.
Oleochemicals are derived from natural sources including plant and animal fats. The formation of a basic oleochemical substance such as fatty acid is derived through various chemical and enzymatic reactions. They are widely used in home and personal care industries, and also are used as raw materials or as an intermediary for pharmaceuticals, plastic, rubber, paints, and lubricant industries. Its biodegradable and low toxicity properties have boosted its demand from end-use various industries.
Oleochemicals Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Preference for Sustainable and Biodegradable Products
Traditionally, synthetic chemicals derived from crude oil and other products have been used in manufacturing in various industries such as personal care, and many others. Several health risks, acting as skin irritants, carcinogens, and endocrine disrupters are some of the adverse effects related to the use of synthetic chemicals. However, oleochemicals present immense benefits over traditional synthetic chemicals and petrochemical, being cheaper to produce, source and even ship. The cost associated with waste disposal is reduced as they are natural compound. Owing to these benefits consumers and manufactures are tending to choose more sustainable and biodegradable chemicals which are further expected to drive the oleochemicals market.
- Volatility in Raw Material Price
Oil and fats are important raw materials used for the production of oleochemicals including free fatty acid, methyl esters, fatty alcohols and amines, and glycerol as a byproduct. Volatility in the prices of these materials is a major factor likely to hamper the market growth during the assessment period. The price fluctuations can be attributed to the easy availability of raw materials and overstocking of the same by countries with larger raw material producers resulting in supply and demand gap. Moreover, geopolitical factors such as trade war, and others may also hinder growth in the oleochemicals market.
Oleochemicals Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Fatty Acid, Fatty Alcohol, Glycerol, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Personal Care, Soap & Detergents, Food & Beverage, Plastics, Rubber, Paper, Lubricants & Greases, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Oleochemicals Market: Report Scope
The report on the oleochemicals market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Wilmar International Ltd
- Croda International Plc
- Procter & Gamble
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Godrej Industries Limited
- Vantage Specialty Chemicals
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad
- Emery Oleochemicals
- KAO CORPORATION
- Oleon NV
- Other Key Companies
Oleochemicals Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Oleochemicals Market, by Type
- Fatty Acid
- Fatty Alcohol
Oleochemicals Market, by Application
- Personal Care
- Soap & Detergents
- Food & Beverages
- Lubricant & Grease
Oleochemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Oleochemicals Market Providers
- Oleochemicals Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Oleochemicals Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE OLEOCHEMICALS MARKET STUDY