OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global OLED Microdisplay Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.85 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 24.5%.
Organic light emitting diode (OLED) are solid state devices consisting of thin film of organic molecules that generate light with the use of electricity. OLEDs can provide crisper and brighter display on electronic display as compared with liquid crystal display (LCD) and light emitting diode (LED). OLED microdisplay comprises of image creating pixel modulation, which have a light source and image in a single device. As compared to other types, OLED microdisplay are mainly used for near-to-eye device applications. Few key players cater in OLED microdisplay market are Sony Corporation, Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., eMagin Inc., and Kopin Corporation among others.
OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET: DRIVERS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Increasing Adoption of AR and VR Headsets
AR and VR technologies are getting ready to fulfill the daily demand of end-users and try to bridge the gap between real and artificial worlds. Virtual reality and augmented reality are the key fields of communication technology and new generation information which contains huge industry potential, large application space, and wide technological support. Increasing adoption of online gaming, need for high definition videos are expected to grow the AR VR headsets market which is expected to boost the OLED Microdisplay market during the forecast period. Enhancement in artificial intelligence technology and need in education field for teaching & training, are expected to increase the market during upcoming years.
- Increasing Investment by Global Players
In current display technology market, OLED displays are rapidly replacing the existing LED and LCD technologies. This technology is more superior than LED and LCD technology due to low power consumption and good light intensity. Hence, global players are increasing their investment in OLED microdisplay for design and development of microdisplays to manufacture consumer head mounted displays devices. In 2019, Apple Inc., LG Display, and Valve are investing USD 10.6 million in OLED Microdisplay technology to own a piece from eMagin.
- Growing Demand for Head-Up-Display in Automotive Industry
OLED is a new display and lighting technology which is used for creating thin, bright, and efficient lighting panels and displays. Head-up display is mainly used in automotive industry to identify and show the distance between the car, speed of the car, notify lane markings, and GPS and navigation purposes. Moreover, the head-up displays provide additional information about real world on the projected display. In this, OLED microdisplay is used for providing vivid and unbreakable lighting display panels. Hence, demand for head-up displays will increase and it will gradually increase the OLED microdisplay market during forecast period.
OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Based on product type: Head-Mounted Display, Head-Up Display, Near-to-Eye Devices, and Others
- Based on resolution: High Definition (HD), Full-High Definition (FHD), and Others
- Based on end user: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Sports, Media & Entertainment, Aerospace & Defense, Education, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the OLED microdisplay market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product Type, Resolution, and End User
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Sony Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- MicroOLED SA
- Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
- eMagin Inc.
- Kopin Corporation
- WINSTAR Display Co., Ltd.
- WiseChip Semiconductor Inc.
- SUNLIKE DISPLAY TECH. CORP.
- Fraunhofer FEP
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- Other Key Companies
OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
OLED Microdisplay Market, by Product Type
- Head-Mounted Display
- Head-Up Display
- Near-to-Eye Devices
OLED Microdisplay Market, by Resolution
- High Definition (HD)
- Full-High Definition (FHD)
OLED Microdisplay Market, by End User
- Consumer Electronics
- Sports, Media & Entertainment
- Aerospace & Defense
OLED MICRODISPLAY Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- OLED Microdisplay Market Providers
- OLED Microdisplay Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of OLED Microdisplay Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE OLED MICRODISPLAY MARKET STUDY