Non-Thermal Processing Market: Summary
The Global Non-Thermal Processing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.6billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.3%.
Non-Thermal Processingis a technology that uses mechanism other than conventional heating to reduce or eliminate microorganism which might be harmful or cause spoilage of food. This processing uses various techniques such as high-pressure processing, ultrasonic and others which help in preventing the growth of fungi, bacteria, and insects. Moreover, the use of non-thermal processing offers benefits such as increased shelf life, and improved taste through the prevention of amino acid of the product.One major use for non-thermal processing is as an alternative sterilization method for processors which maintain the products taste and appearance without sacrificing food safety.
Non-Thermal Processing Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Consumption of Convenience Food
Increasing demand for convenience food such as frozen products, ready to eat meals, and processed food has anticipated drivingthe demand for non-thermal processing. This has attributed to factors such as busy work schedules, increasing population of working women, growing millennial population, and on-the-go consumption habits. Moreover, consumer preference for healthy food and increased disposable income coupled with rising demand for snacks and fried food products has surged demand for convenience food. For instance, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), food and beverages manufacturing accounted 24% of U.S. revenue is generated in 2018. Additionally, the growth of organized retail such as Walmart, Amazon,Metro Group AG, and others has led widespread supply of convenience food products through a wide distribution network.
- Higher Initial Capital Investment
Higher initial capital investment required for setting the non-thermal processing plant that may hamper the growth of the global non-thermal processingmarket. Non-thermal processing required very high-end instruments that should be accurate and more precise in processing food and maintain the set standards of the product. Many manufacturers will not afford this expensive equipment. Moreover, the need for skilled and professional labour for installing these high-end instruments may add up to the cost to the product.
Non-Thermal Processing Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based ontechnology: High-Pressure Processing (HPP),UV Processing, Pulsed Electrical Fields, Ultrasonic, Irradiation,andOthers.
- Segmentation based onfood type: Meat & Seafood,Fruits & Vegetable, Beverages, Dairy ProductsandOthers.
- Segmentation based on function: Quality Assurance, Microbial Inactivation, Cutting, Emulsification & Homogenization,and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Non-Thermal Processing Market: Report Scope
The report on the non-thermal processingmarket covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Food Type, Function, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Emerson Electric Co. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Bühler AG
- Elea GmbH
- Dukane Corp
- Symbios Technologies
- Nordion (Canada) Inc
- Graystar Inc
- CHIC Group
- Other Key Companies
Non-Thermal Processing Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Non-Thermal Processing Market, by Technology
- High Pressure Processing (HPP)
- UV Processing
- Pulsed Electrical Fields
Non-Thermal Processing Market, by Food Type
- Meat & Seafood
- Fruits & Vegetable
- Dairy Products
Non-Thermal Processing Market, by Function
- Quality Assurance
- Microbial Inactivation
- Emulsification & Homogenization
Non-Thermal Processing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Non-Thermal Processing Market Providers
- Non-Thermal Processing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Non-Thermal Processing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE NON-THERMAL PROCESSING MARKET STUDY