NIGHT VISION DEVICE MARKET: Summary
The Global Night Vision Device Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 12.0 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 7.4%.
Night vision is a technology that provides some vision in darkness and improvised vision in low-light environments. This technology is mainly designed for warfare purposes in which highly advanced light-sensitive cameras are used to produce clear visible images at night where the naked eye can not see. Cameras, goggles, scopes, and binoculars are a few types of night vision devices that help individuals to get an almost clear view at night. Night vision devices are mainly used in Military & defense, wildlife observation, security & surveillance, hidden object detection, and navigation among others.
NIGHT VISION DEVICE MARKET: Drivers & restraints
- Increasing Military & Defense Industry
Currently, the demand for military & defense equipment is increasing as the government of every leading country is focusing on military modernization due to increasing global security issues. The worldwide complexity of the security environment is likely to boost global defense spending over the next seven years. Increasing global military & defense spending will create opportunities for defense contractors and their supply chain management. Increasing terrorism, demand for border security control, and increasing homeland security directly boost the market of military & defense which drive the night vision device market during the forecast period.
- High Cost of Night Vision Devices Due to Use of Third Generation Technology
According to FLIR Systems, second-generation night vision devices displays a clean and bright image with a standard resolution, while providing a range of ~200 yards which depends on the model. This device is commonly used for professional use such as law enforcement. The life expectancy of second-generation devices is about 5,000 hours of use. In the current scenario, third-generation night-vision devices provide a cleaner and brighter image, high resolution, good low-light performance, and high durability than second-generation night vision technology devices. The range of the third generation devices is 300+ yards which are more than second-generation night vision devices and the life expectancy of third-generation devices is 10000+ hours which is more than second-generation night vision technology devices. Hence these devices are more expensive than the second-generation device which is expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
NIGHT VISION DEVICE market: Key segments
- Based on technology: Thermal Imaging, Image Intensifiers, Infrared Illumination, and Others
- Based on product: Cameras, Goggles, Scopes, and Others
- Based on Application: Military & Defense, Law Enforcement, Hunting, Wildlife Observation, Security & Surveillance, Navigation, Hidden Object Detection, Engineering, Fire & Rescue Operations, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
NIGHT VISION DEVICE MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the night vision device market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Product, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY Companies Covered
- Thales Group (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- ELBIT SYSTEMS OF AMERICA, LLC
- BAE Systems
- ATN Corp
- Tata Advanced Systems Limited
- Meopta - optika, s.r.o. and Meopta U.S.A., Inc
- Newcon Optik
- Raytheon Company
- Other Key Companies
- Luna Optics, Inc.
- Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide
- Night Vision Devices, Inc.
- European Optic Company
NIGHT VISION DEVICE MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Night Vision Device Market, by Technology
- Thermal Imaging
- Image Intensifiers
- Infrared Illumination
Night Vision Device Market, by Product
- Infrared Night Vision Cameras
- Low Light Night Vision Cameras
- Thermal Cameras
- Hand Held Thermal Cameras
- Thermal Vision Monocular
Night Vision Device Market, by Application
- Military & Defense
- Law Enforcement
- Wildlife Observation
- Security & Surveillance
- Hidden Object Detection
- Fire & Rescue Operations
Night Vision Device Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Night Vision Device Market Providers
- Night Vision Device Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Night Vision Device Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE NIGHT VISION DEVICE MARKET STUDY