NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Summary
The Global Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market is projected to reach a value of USD 24.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 11.5%.
The next-generation sequencing refers to a massively parallel or deep sequencing, that describes a DNA sequencing technology that has revolutionized genomic research. It is also known as massively parallel sequencing (MPS), which is a technique that is being increasingly applied in all the areas of molecular diagnostics, including hematology. The global Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) market is rising with the rising advancement in the NGS platform. However, the lack of skilled professionals is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Market Dynamics
- Growing Application in the Clinical Diagnosis
- There has been a growing application in clinical diagnosis that plays a significant role in the Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) market. As NGS technology has been rapidly adapted to clinical testing and it is being completely changing the dogma of clinical diagnostics
- For example, the broad use of the NGS in clinical laboratories has led to allowing better progress in the genetic diagnostics of the various inherited disorders
- In January 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) had expanded its coverage of next-generation sequencing as a diagnostic tool for patients with breast and ovarian cancer
- Moreover, the NGS has multiple clinical applications such as the genetics to infectious disease to oncology, hence it has been adopted by various clinical laboratories
- NGS based clinical genetic tests have been applied for CNV analysis as well as for variant detection on a broad scale at clinical laboratories. This is projected to create a positive impact on the NGS market for clinics
- In October 2019, Illumina, Inc. and QIAGEN N.V. had announced a 15-year partnership purpose to broaden the availability and use of NGS-based in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) kits, including companion diagnostics, for patient management
- In August 2020, the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), the leading professional organization for medical oncology has launched the recommendations on the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) for patients with metastatic cancers
- The clinical laboratories had adopted NGS as a gold standard for diagnosis of hereditary disorders, because of its potential for cost-effectiveness as well as its analytics accuracy.
- Rising Advancement in NGS Platform
- Increasing use of NGS Technology by Pharmaceutical Companies
NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Key Segments
The Next-generation sequencing (NGS) market is majorly segmented into technology, workflow, application, and end-user.
On the basis of technology, the market is sub-segmented into Whole Genome Sequencing, Whole Exome Sequencing, and Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing.
On the basis of workflow, the market is bifurcated into pre-sequencing, sequencing, and NGS data analysis. The sequencing segment is projected to account for the largest share in the coming year, with the constant growth and development in the data generated by the next-generation sequencing technology.
On the basis of application, the market is divided into oncology, clinical investigation, reproductive health, HLA typing or immune system monitoring, metagenomics, epidemiology & drug development, agrigenomics & forensics, and consumer genomics.
On the basis of end-user, the market is divided into academic, clinical research, hospitals and healthcare institutions, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and others. The academic is excepted to get the highest share in the forecast period, as the University of Pittsburgh, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Minnesota are some key universities which lead to employing NGS technology.
NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share with the presence of major clinical laboratories, which is using the next generation sequencing (NGS) technology to perform genetic tests has led to creating a positive impact on the market growth. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate, with the rising adoption of NGS technology by the non-government as well as the government bodies, along with growing investment of the private players, is lead to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period.
NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2018 & 2019
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Workflow, Application, and End-User
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Eurofins Genomics LLC
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Illumina, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Other Key Companies
NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, by Technology
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing
Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, by Workflow
- NGS Library Preparation Kits
- Semi-automated Library Preparation
- Automated Library Preparation
- Clonal Amplification
- NGS Data Analysis
- NGS Primary Data Analysis
- NGS Secondary Data Analysis
- NGS Tertiary Data Analysis
Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, by Application
- Diagnostics and Screening
- Companion Diagnostics
- Research Studies
- Clinical Investigation
- Infectious Diseases
- Idiopathic Diseases
- Inherited Diseases
- Reproductive Health
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Pre-implantation Genetic Testing (PGT)
- Newborn Genetic Screening
- Single Gene Analysis
- HLA Typing or Immune System Monitoring
- Metagenomics, Epidemiology & Drug Development
- Agrigenomics & Forensics
- Consumer Genomics
Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, by End-User
- Clinical Research
- Hospitals and Healthcare Institutions
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry ands the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Providers
- Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) MARKET STUDY