N-Butanol Market: Summary
The Global N-Butanol Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.8%.
N-Butanol is also known as 1-butanol or butyl alcohol a chemical compound produced through the petrochemical process and fermentation of sugar derived from agricultural crops as well. N-Butanol is soluble in water thus it is used as a solvent for many formulated products including inks, paints, adhesives, camphor, dyes, and cosmetics. It is widely used to produce butyl acetate an industrial solvent and artificial flavoring.
N-Butanol Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand for Butyl Acrylate
n-Butanol is extensively used to produce butyl acetate. Butyl acetate monomer possesses several desirable properties to polymeric materials such as color stability, heat resistance, clarity, aging resistance, low-temperature flexibility, enhanced weather ability as well as acid and base resistance. It also possesses characteristics such as hardness, durability, tackiness, and temperature. It is widely used in the solvent-based industrial & architectural paints, enamels, textiles, and paper finishes. Thus, the booming construction industry has led to increase in the demand for butyl acetate. As results, increasing demand for butyl acetate is expected to boost the n-butanol market during the forecast period.
- Volatility of Raw Material Price
Syngas and propylene are the key raw materials used to manufacture n-butanol. Propylene is mainly produced by the petroleum industry or fossil fuel chemical. In petroleum industry propylene produced from the steam cracking of naphtha and LPG, and off-gases produced in fluid catalytic cracking units in refineries. Thus, propylene is a fossil fuel-derived raw material, as results price changes fluctuating as per the market condition. Moreover, syngas can be produced from any hydrocarbon feedstock, which also face the volatility in price.
Thus, volatility in the raw material price which is expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period up to a certain extent.
N-Butanol Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Industrial and Reagent
- Segmentation based on material: Butyl Acrylate, Butyl Acetate, Glycol Ethers, Direct Solvent, Plasticizers, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
N-Butanol Market: Report Scope
The report on the n-Butanol market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- OQ Chemicals GmbH
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Perstorp Holding AB
- KH Neochem Co., Ltd.
- Arkema SA
- The Andhra Petrochemicals Ltd
- Other Key Companies
N-Butanol Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
N-Butanol Market, by Type
N-Butanol Market, by Application
- Butyl Acrylate
- Butyl Acetate
- Glycol Ethers
- Direct Solvent
N-Butanol Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- N-Butanol Market Providers
- N-Butanol Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of N-Butanol Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE N-BUTANOL MARKET STUDY