The Global Mushroom Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 68.4billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.2%.
Mushroom are edible fungi which have been classified as vegetables, however, they are not considered as plants. Mushrooms produce spores, similar to pollen or seeds which allows them to spread or travel by wind. Mushrooms are rich in potassium, vitamin D, vitamin C, and other ingredients which are beneficial for human health. Results of clinical and preclinical studies have suggested the consumption of mushroom may support the enhancement of overall health. Mushroom is available in different types such as button, oyster, porcini and others.
Mushroom Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Rise in Consumer Awareness about Health & Wellness
Growing demand for food which is low in cholesterol and fat contents along with nutrients contents such as potassium, vitamins, and other nutrients has anticipated escalating the growth of the global mushroom market. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat, and cholesterol-free which helps prevents the obesity issue. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2016 about 13% of the world’s populations were obese. Additionally, mushrooms are also high antioxidants like glutathione and seleniumsubstances are believed to protect the cell from damages and reduce chronic diseases and inflammation.Thus mushroom is gaining popularity amongst consumers across the globe owing to its nutrients properties, which has expected to drive the market growth.
- Increasing Use of Mushroom as a Substitute forMeat Products
Cremini or Portobello mushroom types are considered as substitutes of meat as they are rich, meaty flavor, earthy, and texture. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, selenium, and zinc, along with antioxidants and do not contain fats and cholesterol.Consumers who are opting for less meat consumption can use the mushroom as meat substitute making a dish lower in calories and delicious. Health benefits of plant-based meat substitutes have encouraged consumers towards a vegan diet. This has further increased the demand for the mushroom to use as a meat replacer, providing opportunities for mushroom manufactures. Thus, increasing the consumptionof mushroom as a substitute formeat products has expected to create a new market opportunity for mushroom market.
Mushroom Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Button, Shiitake, Oyster, Portobello,and Others.
- Segmentation based on form: Fresh Mushroomand Processed Mushroom.Processed mushroom is further sub segmented into Dried Mushroom, Frozen Mushroom, Canned Mushroom, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Mushroom Market: Report Scope
The report on the Mushroommarket covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (tons)
Type, Foam, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Highline Mushrooms (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Sylvan Inc.
- Costa Group
- Phillips Mushroom Farms
- Scelta Mushrooms
- Gourmet Mushrooms, Inc.
- Giorgio Fresh Co.
- OKECHAMP SA
- Banken Champignons B.V.
- Drinkwater Mushrooms
- Hughes Group
- WEIKFIELD PRODUCTS CO. (I) PVT. LTD
- Monaghan Mushrooms
- Monterey Mushrooms, Inc.
- California Mushroom Farms Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Mushroom Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Mushroom Market, by Type
Mushroom Market, by Foam
- Fresh Mushroom
- Processed Mushroom
- Dried Mushroom
- Frozen Mushroom
- Canned Mushroom
Mushroom Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Mushroom Market Providers
- Mushroom Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Mushroom Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MUSHROOM MARKET STUDY