Mobility as a Service Market: Summary
The Global Mobility as a Service Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 55.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 31.5%.
The Mobility as a Service is refers to a consumer centric model of people transportation, also known as Transportation as a Service (TaaS), and MaaS. Also, it is an integration of a different forms of transport services into a mobility services accessible on demand. Whereas, the services are on-demand, real-time framework which includes car, taxis and car rentals, as well as helps to provides from travel planning to payments for the consumer. Moreover, it benefits by reduce the costs, enhancing utilization of MaaS transit providers as well as reduce emissions as the users will rely on public transit component.
Hence, it also advances by providing easy route planning, simplified payments as well as give a personalized service which helps to develop a relationship between users and the transport provider. These may lead to boost the growth of MaaS market in the forecast period.
Mobility as a Service Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Smart City Initiatives
With the rising smart city initiatives is witness to boost the growth of the market in the projected period. With the growing usage of cars by the public has led to create a traffic congestion as well as the parking issues in many different areas. However, these may build a rapid development of regularized public transport systems mostly in the urban areas. Also, many countries are taking an initiatives for the growth and development of its infrastructures, with mainly focus on transportation system for the public. These includes metros, rail services, light rail as well as intra-city buses services. Whereas, MaaS helps to improve and enhance the smart cities initiatives with providing a various solution and services in a less expensive manner.
Hence, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), it is projected that more than 50% of the world population lives in urban areas, which is anticipate to increase by 60% by the 2025. These may lead to fuel the adoption rate of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) market in the forecast period.
- Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemics
One of the major key concern of the mobility as a service market is the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemics which may challenges the growth of the market. Whereas, the most impact sector by these pandemic is the transportation as well as the entrainment sector, which create a restraining factor for the market. However, the unwillingness of the passenger to use the share rides, shortage of driver as well as heavy cost of sanitization Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), is projected to create a problem for the ride sharing services. However, these create a major issue for the investor and the startups in the field of MaaS sector, by considering the scenario by these pandemic.
Hence, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemics will hamper the growth of the mobility as a service market in the projected period.
Mobility as a Service Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Services Type: Bi-Cycle Sharing, Bus Sharing, Car Sharing, Ride-Hailing, Self-Driving Car Service and Train Services.
- Segmentation based on Solution Type: Telecom Connectivity Providers, Navigation Solutions, Payment Engines and Insurance Services.
- Segmentation based on Business Model: Business-To-Business (B2B), Business-To-Consumer (B2C) and Peer-To-Peer (P2P).
- Segmentation based on Transportation Type: Public and Private.
- Segmentation based on Vertical: Bikes, Bus and Passenger Cars.
- Segmentation based on Application: Android, iOS and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Mobility as a Service Market: Report Scope
The report on the mobility as a service market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Service Type, Solution Type, Business Model, Transportation Type, Vertical, Application and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Intel Corporation (Moovit) (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Citymapper Ltd.
- SkedGo Pty Ltd
- Splyt Technologies Ltd.
- Communauto Inc.
- MaaS Global Oy (Whim)
- Smile Mobility
- Velocia, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
- Uber Technologies Inc.
- Lyft, Inc.
- SHARE NOW GmbH
Mobility as a Service Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Mobility as a Service Market, by Service Type
- Bi-Cycle Sharing
- Bus Sharing
- Car Sharing
- Self-Driving Car Service
- Train Services
Mobility as a Service Market, by Solution Type
- Telecom Connectivity Providers
- Navigation Solutions
- Payment Engines
- Insurance Services
Mobility as a Service Market, by Business Model
- Business-To-Business (B2B)
- Business-To-Consumer (B2C)
- Peer-To-Peer (P2P)
Mobility as a Service Market, by Transportation Type
Mobility as a Service Market, by Vertical
Mobility as a Service Market, by Application
Mobility as a Service Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Mobility as a Service Market Providers
- Mobility as a Service Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Mobility as a Service Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MOBILITY AS A SERVICE MARKET STUDY