MILITARY LASER SYSTEM MARKET: Summary
The Global Military Laser System Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 9.1%.
Laser technology has observed great advancement over last decade. This technology is used for wide range of applications including industrial manufacturing, medical devices, military, electronics, and many more. CO2 lasers, semiconductor lasers, fiber lasers, and solid state lasers are the types of lasers which are mainly used for laser weapon system, fire control system, laser weapon systems, and laser rangefinders. The main goal of laser system is to develop next generation laser weapon systems which are lighter, flexible, and more compact than existing laser weapon systems. BAE Systems, FLIR Systems, Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Saab AB are the key players in the military laser system market.
MILITARY LASER SYSTEM MARKET: Drivers & Opportunities
- Increasing Investments in Research & Development of Laser Weapons
In recent years, leading countries of every region are highly investing in research & development of laser weapon system for defense, homeland security, border security, and many other. According to the Global Terrorism Index (GTI), terrorists killed 15,952 people in 2018 across the world. In terms of reducing terrorist attacks, the country made new laser technologies for detecting the explosives and finding and attacking on terrorist squad. Due to increasing terrorism and conflicts, the government organizations are partnering with private companies to provide various products, services, and solutions and are increasing research & development capabilities to develop new technological products.
- Increasing Demand for Directed-Energy Weapons
Direct energy weapons are the systems that produce a beam of concentrated atomic or electromagnetic energy which is used to kill, incapacitate, or injure. This system is also used to degrade, damage, incapacitate or destroy objects. Directed-energy weapons reach to set target with the speed of light, cost less per shot and track targets with precision far beyond traditional kinetic weapons. These attributes make directed energy capable of combating a variety of evolving threats.
Hence, demand for direct energy weapons are expected to boost the market during the projected period.
MILITARY LASER SYSTEM market: Key segments
- Based on type: CO2 Laser, Semiconductor Laser, Fiber Laser, Solid-State Laser, and Chemical Laser
- Based on product: Laser Rangefinders, Laser Warning Systems, Fire Control Systems, LiDAR, Laser Weapons, Pointers, and Others
- Based on application: Defense, Homeland Security
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America with individual country-level analysis.
MILITARY LASER SYSTEM MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the military laser system market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Component, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY Companies Covered
- BAE Systems (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Saab AB
- Raytheon Company.
- Thales Group
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
MILITARY LASER SYSTEM MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Military Laser System Market, by Type
- CO2 Laser
- Semiconductor Laser
- Fiber Laser
- Solid-State Laser
- Chemical Laser
Military Laser System Market, by Component
- Laser Rangefinders
- Laser Warning Systems
- Fire Control Systems
- Laser Weapons
Military Laser System Market, by Application
- Homeland Security
Military Laser System Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Military Laser System Market Providers
- Military Laser System Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Military Laser System Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MILITARY LASER SYSTEM MARKET STUDY