MICROSPHERES MARKET: Summary
The Global Microspheres Market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 9%, reaching a value of around USD 10 billion by the end of 2027.
Microspheres are free-flowing powders with a particle size of 1-1000μm consisting of proteins or synthetic polymers. Microspheres are multi-particulate drug delivery systems which are prepared to obtain prolonged or controlled drug delivery to improve bioavailability, stability and to target the drug to a specific site at a predetermined rate. They are made from polymeric waxy or other protective materials such as natural, semi-synthetic, and synthetic polymers.
MICROSPHERES MARKET: Drivers & RESTRAINTs
- Growing Demand for Microspheres in The Medical Industry
Microspheres are extensively used in a drug delivery system, especially for targeted drug delivery of anti-cancer agents, ophthalmic agents, etc. Microspheres exhibit various advantages such as providing constant and prolonged therapeutic effect, reducing the dosing frequency, and bioavailability. Another major advantage is the injection of microspheres in the body due to the spherical shape and smaller size.
Thus, the number of advantages offered by microspheres in drug delivery is expected to fuel its demand in the medical industry.
- Use of Microspheres in Paints & Coatings Application
Microspheres find uses in paints & coatings application and are designed to reduce costs, increase solids, enhance properties, and improve process-ability. Use of microsphere as a functional filler reduces weight and shrinkage of product, improves rheology and is non-toxic, fire-resistant, gloss and sheen control, as well as availability in various sizes and bulk densities. The use of microspheres in paints & coatings increases the solid content, reduces resin demand, improves viscosity control, and offers durability.
High demand for paints & coatings across complimentary end-use industries such as building & construction, automotive, aerospace, electronics, etc. is expected to fuel the use of microspheres in paints & coatings.
- Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
Raw materials for manufacturing microspheres include glass, phenolic resin, epoxy resin, polystyrene, silicone rubber, polyvinyl chloride, and polyvinyl alcohol. These materials are petroleum-based, which is a major restraining factor for the market growth. This is attributed to the supply-demand gap of petroleum-based raw materials.
Therefore, volatility in raw materials cost is a key restraining factor to market growth.
Microspheres market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on raw material: Glass, Ceramic, Fly ash, Polymer, Metallic, and Others.
- Segmentation based on type: Hollow and Solid.
- Segmentation based on application: Medical, Paints & Coatings, Building & Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Oil and Gas, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Microspheres MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the microspheres market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Raw Material, Type, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- 3M (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Luminex Corporation
- Chase Corp
- PQ Corporation
- Matsumoto Yushi-Seiyaku Co.,Ltd
- Sigmund Lindner GmbH
- Mo-Sci Corporation
- The Kish Company, Inc.
- Imperial Microspheres
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO., LTD
- Zhongke Yali Technology Co., Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Microspheres MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Microspheres Market, by Raw Material
- Fly ash
Microspheres Market, by Type
Microspheres Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Oil and Gas
Microspheres Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Microspheres Market Providers
- Microspheres Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Microspheres Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MICROSPHERES MARKET STUDY