MICROIRRIGATION SYSTEM MARKET: Summary
The Global Microirrigation System Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 17.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 17.4%.
Microirrigation is a method of irrigation carrying desired nutrients and waters directly to the roots of plants in a small quantity. It is also referred to as trickle irrigation, low volume irrigation, localized irrigation, and low flow irrigation. Microirrigation is becoming popular in the regions where there is water scarcity for growing crops like banana, grapes, strawberries, tomatoes, and others. Nowadays microirrigation system is gaining popularity owing to its benefits such as the use of available water to the maximum, does not provide water to weeds, ensures maximum crop yield, and others. Moreover, growing awareness regarding water conservation and scarcity of water across various parts of the globe has developed an interest in the adoption of microirrigation system.
MICROIRRIGATION SYSTEM MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Rising Water Scarcity Has Increased Demand for Microirrigation System
Increasing water scarcity has increase the adoption of microirrigation system in farming practice across the globe. According to UN-Water, over 2 billion people across the globe are experiencing high water stress and scarcity. Thus, in order to decrease the water scarcity, various governments across the globe are encouraging the usage of irrigation systems for farming where farming can be done with minimal use of water. For instance, the U.S. government has announced the WaterSMART program in December 2019, which will help to increase water supply through investment in modernizing existing infrastructure and reduce the water wastage.
Thus, owing to the increased water scarcity and growing government initiatives for effective usage of water has expected to drive the growth of microirrigation systems market.
- Rapid Growth in Greenhouse Cultivation
Greenhouse one of the most popular methods in modern agriculture and where microirrigation is used for watering for higher yield requirements from a limited area. Greenhouse crops and other crops require intensive maintenance and cultivation, which includes the precise supply of water and nutrients required for this growing method. The use of microirrigation in the greenhouse, provides crops with sufficient fertilization, suitable drip irrigation, and accurate climate control. This ensures larger yields, higher quality crops, and better protection against diseases and pests. Thus, the growing adoption of greenhouse cultivation has expected to surge the growth of microirrigation systems during the forecasted period.
Materials used for setting up microirrigation system are filters, valves, timers, tubes, pressure regulators and others. If the system is to be used for larger fields, the cost for labors can be high, as it requires the professional to install and maintain the system. This system may not be useful for farmers with small cultivation areas. Thus, the higher initial investment for installing microirrigation system may hinder the growth of the market. However, to overcome this, various governments are taking initiatives by providing subsidiaries to farmers for installing microirrigation systems.
Microirrigation System market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on type: Drip Irrigation, Sprinkler Irrigation, and Others
- Segmentation based on components: Drippers, Valves, Filters, Pressure Regulators, and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Field Crops, Plantation Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, and Others
- Segmentation based on end-users: Open Fields and Greenhouse
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis
Microirrigation System MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the microirrigation system market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Components, Application, End-users, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- NETAFIM (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd,
- REINKE MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
- Valmont Industries, Inc
- Lindsay Corporation
- NELSON IRRIGATION
- Rain Bird Corporation
- T-L Irrigation Co.
- HUNTER INDUSTRIES
- Other Key Companies
Microirrigation System MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Microirrigation System Market, by Type
- Drip Irrigation System
- Sprinkler Irrigation System
Microirrigation System Market, by Components
- Pressure Regulators
Microirrigation System Market, by Application
- Field Crops
- Plantation Crops
- Orchards & Vineyards
Microirrigation System Market, by End User
Microirrigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Microirrigation System Market Providers
- Microirrigation System Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Microirrigation System Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MICROIRRIGATION SYSTEM MARKET STUDY