MICRODISPLAY MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Microdisplay Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 23.6%.
Microdisplays are small display units which consists of micro screen resolution and micro screen size. Their small size enables to be used in wide variety of applications that require small spaces such as head mounted displays, digital cameras, projectors, and many other devices. A microdisplay is describe by its power consumption and screen resolution. A good level of microdisplay consists of high resolution with low power consumption. The power consumed by a microdisplay is usually measured in terms of mill watts of energy.
MICRODISPLAY MARKET: DRIVERS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Increasing Adoption of AR and VR Headsets and Smart Glasses
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality technologies are getting ready to fulfill the daily demand of end-users and try to bridge the gap between real and artificial worlds. VR and AR are the key fields of communication technology and new generation information which contains huge industry potential, large application space, and wide technological support. Increasing adoption of online gaming and need for high definition videos are expected to drive the AR VR headsets market which is expected to boost the microdisplay market during the forecast period. Seiko Epson Corporation, is using microdisplay technology to create new modes and tools of visual communication such as Moverio. Enhancement in artificial intelligence technology and need in education field for teaching & training, are expected to increase the market during upcoming years.
- Growing Use of Microdisplays in Aerospace & Defense Industries
Growing use of LCD, LED, and OLED microdisplay is expected to become an opportunity for the microdisplay market during forecast period. Helmet mounted displays are expected to boost the market of microdisplay market in the aerospace and defense industry. The manufacturers such as eMagin and Kopin are key providers of microdisplays for helmet mounted displays to provide pilots for greater accuracy, flexibility, and for receiving brighter data on display to maintain situational awareness in extreme operating environments.
MICRODISPLAY MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Based on technology: Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED), Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Digital Light Processing (DLP), Digital Micromirror Devices (DMD), and Others
- Based on product: Projectors, Near-to-Eye Devices, Head-Mounted-Display (HMD), Head-UP Display (HUD), EVF Cameras, and Others
- Based on end user: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Sports, Media & Entertainment, Aerospace & Defense, Education, Healthcare, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
MICRODISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the microdisplay market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product Type, Resolution, and End User
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Sony Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- MicroOLED SA
- Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
- eMagin Inc.
- Kopin Corporation
- WINSTAR Display Co., Ltd.
- WiseChip Semiconductor Inc.
- SUNLIKE DISPLAY TECH. CORP.
- Fraunhofer FEP
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- Japan Display Inc.
- Jasper Display Corp.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Other Key Companies
MICRODISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Microdisplay Market, by Technology
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS)
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- Digital Micromirror Devices (DMD)
Microdisplay Market, by Product
- Near-to-Eye Devices
- Head-Mounted-Display (HMD)
- Head-UP Display (HUD)
- EVF Cameras
Microdisplay Market, by End User
- Consumer Electronics
- Sports, Media & Entertainment
- Aerospace & Defense
Microdisplay Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Microdisplay Market Providers
- Microdisplay Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Microdisplay Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MICRODISPLAY MARKET STUDY