Micro LED Market: Summary
The Global Micro LED Market is estimated to reach USD 2.8 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 72%.
Micro Light Emitting Diode (LED) is a technology used for displays made up of microscopic light emitting diodes. Micro LEDs use small pixel size compared to conventional LEDs and they also have self-emissive technology which reduces its dependence on backlighting. Owing to these features, micro LEDs display panels are slimmer and provide extremely high resolution for various end use applications. Micro LEDs are very power efficient and produce brighter pictures.
Micro Led Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Demand for High Resolution Displays in Smart Devices
As there is a surge in demand for higher resolution displays in the smart devices, micro LEDs will fulfill the demand for better visual results in the near future. Micro LEDs are specifically used in smartphones, head-up displays (HUD), and smartwatches, for high resolution and better visual performance applications under variable luminous conditions.
Hence, this factor is expected to contribute towards the growth of micro LEDs market in the near future.
- Growing Demand of Consumer Electronics
Consumer electronic products are mass produced and are required in almost every aspect by consumers. The consumer electronics faces shift because of technological advancements. Across various electronic products such as televisions, smartwatches, laptops, technological advancements are on a rise owing to consumer buying behavior. Micro LEDs are expected to get integrated in the manufacturing of aforesaid consumer electronic products and this will pave the way for the manufacturing of advanced electronic products.
Thus, growing demand of consumer electronics may contribute in the growth of the micro LED market, during the forecast period.
- Technical Barrier in the Manufacturing Process
In the manufacturing process of micro LEDs, mass transfer is done in which LED chip is transferred to the substrate and this process is quite complex to perform. When the chip is transferred from temporary substrate to the final substrate, extra precautions are required to save the chip from any damage. Equipment available to perform this task are time consuming and affect the yield quality and quantity of the micro LEDs produced. The equipment required to make the chips with an emphasis on good yields and mass production will be technologically complex to produce, at present few companies and researchers are striving to overcome this situation.
Thus, barrier in the manufacturing process may hinder the growth of the micro LED market, during the forecast period.
Micro Led Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type covers: RGB Micro LED, Blue Micro LED, and UV Micro LED
- Segmentation based on panel size covers: Below 2 inch, 2-12 inch, 12-55 inch, 55-100 inch and Above 100 inch
- Segmentation based on application covers: Smartphones, Television, Smartwatch, Laptop and Tablet, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR)/ Mixed Reality, Commercial Billboards, Micro LED Lighting System and
- Segmentation based on end user covers: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Advertisement, Aerospace and Defense and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Micro Led Market: Report Scope
The report on the micro LED market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Panel Size, Application, End User and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Africa and North America
Key Companies Covered
- Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co. Ltd. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Facebook Inc.
- glo AB
- Japan Display Inc.
- VerLASE Technologies LLC
- Lextar Electronics Corp.
- NITRIDE SEMICONDUCTORS. Co. Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Micro Led Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Micro LED Market, by Type
- RGB Micro LED
- Blue Micro LED
- UV Micro LED
Micro LED Market, by Panel Size
- Below 2 inch
- 2-12 inch
- 12-55 inch
- 55-100 inch
- Above 100 inch
Micro LED Market, by Application
- Laptop and Tablet
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Augmented Reality (AR)/ Mixed Reality
- Commercial Billboards
- Micro LED Lighting System
Micro LED Market, by End User
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
Micro LED Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the key developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the global market?
- How are the major global players leveraging in the existing market conditions?
- Micro LED Market Providers
- Micro LED Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Micro LED Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MICRO LED MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for High Resolution Displays in Smart Devices
4.2.2 Growing Demand of Consumer Electronics
4.3.1. Adopting Micro LEDs in Automotive Lightings
4.4.1. Defect Management and Repair Technology
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL MICRO LED MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
6.2 RGB Micro LED
6.3 Blue Micro LED
6.4 UV Micro LED
7 GLOBAL MICRO LED MARKET BY PANEL SIZE, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
7.2 Below 2 inch
7.3 2-12 inch
7.4 12-55 inch
7.5 55-100 inch
7.6 Above 100 inch
8 GLOBAL MICRO LED MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
8.5 Laptop and Tablet
8.6 Augmented Reality (AR)/Virtual Reality (VR)
8.7 Commercial Billboards
8.8 Micro LED Lighting System
9 GLOBAL MICRO LED MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
9.2 Consumer Electronics
9.5 Aerospace and Defense
10 GLOBAL MICRO LED MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
10.1 North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3.5 South Korea
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Middle East and Africa
10.4.1 Saudi Arabia
10.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
10.5 South America
10.5.3 Rest of South America
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
11.3 Company Benchmarking
12 COMPANY PROFILES
12.1 Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co. Ltd.
12.1.1 Company Overview
12.1.2 Financial Overview
12.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
12.1.4 Key Developments
12.1.5 SWOT Analysis
12.2 Facebook Inc.
12.3 glo AB
12.4 Japan Display Inc.
12.7 VerLASE Technologies LLC
12.8 Lextar Electronics Corp.
12.10 NITRIDE SEMICONDUCTORS Co. Ltd
12.11 Other Key Companies
13.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
13.2 Primary Discussion Guide
13.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY