Methionine Market: Summary
The Global Methionine Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 5.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.8%.
Methionine is an amino acid and essential to human for growth and tissue repair in humans, animals, and avian species. It is important for the growth of new blood vessels and maintains the metallic element level in the body. The demand for methionine will increase in the future due to its use as a critical dietary supplement for poultry & livestock and expansion of the world economy along with increased meat consumption.
Methionine Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Growth in the Consumption of Animal-Based Products
In the poultry, swine, and aquaculture industries, methionine is extensively used as an additive in the feed. Animals cannot produce methionine in their body, so it is provided to them in their feed, as a nutritional additive. It is essential for all animals and is used as an ingredient to help animals meet the necessary health requirements. Methionine contains is quite low in natural ingredients, thus, it is provided as nutrient feed additive during the animal feed. Methionine helps improve the efficiency of utilization of protein in the animal's body. It also aids metabolism, quick growth, and muscle bulk growth. Methionine also helps in performance during heat stress and to reduce nitrogen excretion. The increasing awareness regarding the benefits of healthy animal diet, the demand for methionine is expected to increase during the assessment period.
- Increasing Demand for Methionine in Pharmaceutical Applications
Methionine is widely used as a raw material in pharmaceutical applications and as an intermediate in vitamin and liver-related medicine manufacturing. It is used to prevent liver damage in acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning. It is also used for increasing the acidity of urine, treating liver disorders, and improving wound healing. Moreover, it also used for treating depression, alcoholism, allergies, asthma, copper poisoning, radiation side effects, schizophrenia, drug withdrawal, and Parkinson's disease. Methionine found a wide range of application in the pharmaceutical industry which is likely to create a huge market opportunity for the methionine market in the near future.
Methionine Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: DL-Methionine, Methionine Hydroxy Analogue, and L-Methionine
- Segmentation based on application: Animal Feed, Food & Dietary Supplements, and Pharmaceuticals
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Methionine Market: Report Scope
The report on the Methionine market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Evonik Industries AG (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Novus International
- CJ CHEILJEDANG
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Prinova Group LLC
- Sunrise Nutrachem Group
- Chongqing Unisplendour Chemical
- Amino GmbH
- Beijing Fortunestar S&T Development
- Bewital Agri
- Baker & Bro
- Iris Biotech
- Jirong Pharmaceutical
- KG Group
- Other Key Companies
Methionine Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Methionine Market, by Type
- Methionine Hydroxy Analogue
Methionine Market, by Application
- Animal Feed
- Food & Dietary Supplements
- Nutraceutical & Dietary Supplements
- Infant Formula
- Food Fortification
Methionine Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Methionine Market Providers
- Methionine Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Methionine Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE METHIONINE MARKET STUDY