Metal Finishing Chemicals Market: Summary
The Global Metal Finishing Chemicals Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 13.9 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 3.8%.
Metal finishing is an industrial process which alters the metal surface of manufactured product to achieve certain property. Metal finishing chemicals is used to plate, clean, and etch metallic surface which enhance their characteristics and physical appearance. Surface properties such as corrosion resistance, electrical & wear resistance, reflectivity & appearance, hardness, chemical properties, electrical conductivity, and among other are controlled or altered with the help of metal finishing chemicals.
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market: Drivers & restraint
- Increasing Demand in the Automotive Industry
Metal finishing chemicals are used in automotive industry in functional coating, decorative coating, and functional electronic coating. Exterior and interior parts of automotive are protected from premature wear and corrosion by metal finishing chemicals. Additionally, these chemicals are used to enhance the appearance by giving the parts a smooth finish. The moisture content present in the air may cause corrosion and further damages to the metal parts present in the cars. Thus, to protect the metal parts of cars from corrosion, metal finishing chemicals are being used by automotive manufacturers across the globe. These chemicals are used for plating various components such as fuel injection housing, heat sink, shock absorbers, cylinders, gears, piston rings, engine valves, car door handles, anti-vibration components, fasteners, and amongst others. Thus, increasing demand of metal finishing chemicals from automotive industry in order to protect metal parts from premature wear and corrosion is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Regulations on Wastewater Management and Hazardous Waste Disposal
Various stringent regulations are imposed on wastewater management and hazardous waste disposal for metal finishing industries by various governing bodies such as EPA, REACH, and OSHA. For instance, according to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Metal Finishing Effluent Guidelines (40 CFR Part 433) covers regulation for wastewater discharge from various industries. Moreover, the Clean Act by the EPA developed strict regulations for wastewater from industries as it contains various contaminants such as heavy salts, organic substance, and cyanides. These contaminants are environmentally hazardous and pose potential health risks. Thus, regulations on wastewater managements and hazardous waste disposal has expected to hinder the metal finishing chemicals market growth during the forecasted period.
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Type: Plating Chemicals, Cleaning Chemicals, Conversion Coating, Proprietary Chemicals, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Material: Zinc, Nickel, Chrome, Chopper, Gold, Silver, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Process: Electroplating, Electroless Plating, Chemical & Electro Chemical Conversion, and Others.
- Segmentation based on End-use: Automotive, Electrical & Electronics, Aerospace, Construction, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market: Report Scope
The report on the metal finishing chemicals market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Material, Process, End-use, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Atotech Deutschland GmbH
- NOF CORPORATION.
- ELEMENTIS PLC
- Element Solutions Inc
- CHEMETALL GmbH (BASF SE)
- Houghton International Inc.
- McGean-Rohco Inc
- A Brite Company.
- COVENTYA International
- C.Uyemura & CO.,LTD.
- Henkel Corporation
- Grauer & Weil (India) Limited (Growel)
- Quaker Chemical Corporation
- RASCHIG GmbH
- Other Key Companies
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market, by Type
- Plating Chemicals
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Conversion Coating
- Proprietary Chemicals
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market, by Material
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market, by Process
- Electroless Plating
- Chemical & Electro Chemical Conversion
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market, by End-use
- Electrical & Electronics
Metal Finishing Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Metal Finishing Chemicals Market Providers
- Metal Finishing Chemicals Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Metal Finishing Chemicals Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE METAL FINISHING CHEMICALS MARKET STUDY