Metal 3D Printing Market: Summary
The Global Metal 3D Printing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 2.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 25.1%.
3D printing is experiencing a potential growth across different industries because more companies are increasingly using it for more than just prototyping. It allows for the direct manufacturing of complex end-use parts and facilitates tooling for conventional manufacturing technologies, reducing costs and lead times. This technology is mainly used for fully functional prototypes, production tools, tooling such as molds and inserts, rigid housings, ductwork, spare parts, and heat exchangers and heatsinks.
Metal 3D Printing Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Demand for Prototyping and Mass Customization
In past five years, the demand for mass customization and rapid prototyping is increases. Rapid prototyping is mainly used in design and development of conceptual prototypes and functional prototypes. Many manufacturers use metal 3D printing for making the functional and conceptual prototypes with faster speed, greater accuracy, and lower failure rate. In mass customization, new product introduction and new product design process takes lot of time and take numerous design samples and prototypes before a product is ready for market. By utilizing metal 3D printing technology, the design cycle is compressed, and manufacturer can produce a greater number of products with less amount of time with good quality. With the use of 3D printing, inventory and distribution cost can be reduced, and hence it will be helpful to track trends, consumer preferences in real time to enhance the marketing efforts. Hence, rising demand for mass customization and rapid prototyping is fueling the growth of metal 3D printing market during the forecast period.
- Limited Material Selection
Metal and polymer are the two main types of material that are commonly used in 3D printing. Depending upon the application the materials are been selected. In 3D printing technology transforms material through heat, light, and other-directed energies. Selecting the right material comes with several factors. It can be difficult to keep track of each property needed for a part’s material and determine which material fits the profile. Application, aesthetics, function, and certification are factors considered while choosing the appropriate materials. However, metal and polymer as the only source of material that can be used for 3D printing may be challenging with increasing technological advancement. Thus, efforts are being made for improving the materials used in 3D printing in order to be compatible with advanced 3D printing technologies.
Metal 3D Printing Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on technology: Selective Laser Melting (SLM), Metal Extrusion, Electron Beam Melting (EBM), Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), Direct Energy Deposition (DED)/Laser Material Deposition, Binder Jetting, Stereolithography (SLA), and Others
- Segmentation based on metal powders & alloys: Titanium, Stainless Steel, Maraging Steel, Cobalt-Chrome, Aluminum Alloy, Brass, Magnesium, Nickel Super Alloy, Copper Alloy, Inconel, and Others
- Segmentation based on software: Scanning Software, Printing Software, Design Software, and Inspection Software
- Segmentation based on application: Fully Functional Prototypes, Production Tools, Molds & Inserts, Rigid Housings, Ductwork, Spare Parts, Heat Exchangers & Heatsinks, and Others
- Segmentation based on End Use Industry: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Consumer Goods, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Construction, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Metal 3D Printing Market: Report Scope
The report on the metal 3D printing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Metals & Alloys, Software, Application, End Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- 3D Systems Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Autodesk Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- 3D HUBS B.V.
- HP Development Company, L.P.
- Proto Labs
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Heraeus Holding
- Markforged, Inc.
- Renishaw plc.
- Other Key Companies
Metal 3D Printing Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Metal 3D Printing Market, by Technology
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Metal Extrusion
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Direct Energy Deposition (DED)/Laser Material Deposition
- Binder Jetting
- Stereolithography (SLA)
Metal 3D Printing Market, by Metal Powders & Alloys
- Stainless Steel
- Maraging Steel
- Aluminum Alloy
- Nickel Super Alloy
- Copper Alloy
- Others (Precious Metals, Refractory Metals)
Metal 3D Printing Market, by Software
- Scanning Software
- Printing Software
- Design Software
- Inspection Software
Metal 3D Printing Market, by Application
- Fully Functional Prototypes
- Production Tools
- Molds & Inserts
- Rigid Housings
- Spare Parts
- Heat Exchangers & Heatsinks
Metal 3D Printing Market, by End-Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Goods
- Aerospace & Defense
Metal 3D Printing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Metal 3D Printing Market Providers
- Metal 3D Printing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Metal 3D Printing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE METAL 3D PRINTING MARKET STUDY