Membrane Chromatography Market: Summary
The Global Membrane Chromatography Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 481.1 million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 13.5%.
Membrane chromatography is a technology used to capture large particles such as virus and virus vectors, and also in polishing steps to remove DNA, host cell protein impurities (HCP), and virus. It is widely used in bio-processing industries. Membrane chromatography is relatively new and fast processing technology which is used in drug production and offers higher capture efficiency and productivity than other chromatography techniques. Isolation of proteins & enzymes, purification, and other biotechnology-related applications are carried by membrane chromatography.
Membrane Chromatography Market: Drivers & Challenge
- Increasing Demand from Biopharmaceuticals
The biopharmaceutical industry has been rapidly adopting disposable technologies including disposable modules for chromatography. This has attributed to the growing concerns about environmental impacts because of the solid plastic waste being generated from their use. Disposable membrane chromatography significantly reduces the need for water load. Owing to hydrodynamic benefit has shortened the overall process time, reduced labor requirement and energy consumption. The interest of membrane chromatography has increased because it can be used as a disposable device while maintaining a product with the required purity. Thus, the increasing demand formembrane chromatography from the biopharmaceutical industry has anticipated todrive the growth of the market during the forecasted period.
- Lack of Skilled Professionals
There has been substantial growth of membrane chromatography instruments has resulted in demand for technicians with expertise in the technique. Despite of various advantages of technique and regardless of technological innovation the availability of skilled labor is an issue. These techniques require standardization protocol and maintenance procedures for which require skilled technicians. Moreover, these techniques require large amount of analysis, and must relate computer calculations with system conditions, to avoid human error within the data. Thus, the lack of skilled professionals to conduct analysis and operate instrument may pose a major challenge to the growth of the market.
Membrane Chromatography Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on product: Capsules & Cartridges, Membrane Filters, Syringe Filters, Filter Plates, Spin Columns, and others.
- Segmentation based on technique: Ion Exchange Membrane Chromatography, Affinity Membrane Chromatography, and Hydrophobic Interaction Membrane Chromatography (HIMC).
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East &Africaand South America with individual country-level analysis.
Membrane Chromatography Market: Report Scope
The report on the membrane chromatographymarket covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product, Technique, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Sartorius AG(Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC.
- Restek Corporation
- Purilogics LLC
- GVS S.p.A.
- Regis Technologies Inc.
- GL Sciences Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- BÜCHI Labortechnik AG
- Other Key Companies
Membrane Chromatography Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Membrane Chromatography Market, by Product
- Capsules & Cartridges
- Membrane Filters
- Syringe Filters
- Filter Plates
- Spin Columns
Membrane Chromatography Market, by Technique
- Ion Exchange Membrane Chromatography
- Anion Exchange Membrane Chromatography
- Cation Exchange Membrane Chromatography
- Affinity Membrane Chromatography
- Hydrophobic Interaction Membrane Chromatography (HIMC)
Membrane Chromatography Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Membrane Chromatography Market Providers
- Membrane Chromatography Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Membrane Chromatography Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MEMBRANE CHROMATOGRAPHY MARKET STUDY