Masterbatch Market: Summary
The Global Masterbatch Market is estimated to reach USD 12.9 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 5.2%.
Masterbatch is a solid product in which additives or pigments are optimally dispersed at a high concentration in carrier materials. Masterbatch are a type of additives which are produced in black, white, and various other colors. These variations in color additives are used to combine and form the desired color in target applications. Plastic is devoid of color and masterbatch is used to impart color and strengthen the properties of plastics in various applications. Masterbatch has become an integral part of polymer and aplastic manufacturing. Cost-effective, easy to use, less amount of waste, and similar other properties are some of the benefits offered by the masterbatch.
Masterbatch Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Demand of Plastics from the Automotive Industry
Plastic is being used in the design and manufacturing of automotive vehicles. It has become more essential with growing stringent regulation and changing consumer demand for lighter, more affordable, and fuel-efficient vehicles. Fuel efficiency has become a vital characteristic in the automotive industry owing to rising fuel prices and stringent government regulations for lower gas emissions. However, a masterbatch is used for the manufacturing of plastic products which are been used in the manufacturing of automotive vehicles.
Thus, the rising consumption of plastics in the automotive industry is expected to surge the demand for masterbatch market growth during the forecast period.
- Growing Packaging Demand from Food & Beverage Industry
Color and white masterbatch are commonly used in the packaging industry. Masterbatch is used in packaging plastics to enhance demand through attractive product packaging. This is achieved by using various types of custom colored masterbatch. Owing to the stringent regulations associated with health and safety, a masterbatch is used for both rigid as well as flexible packaging of food and beverage considering the food packaging grades. Additionally, bright colors of packaging materials help to achieve increased consumer attention in the department store shelves, thus promoting the product usage in the respective industry. Furthermore, increasing dependency on packaged food products and increasing disposable incomes are other factors boosting the market growth.
Hence, the consumption of plastics in the packaging industry is one of the factors expected to surge product demand during the forecast period.
- Availability of Low Quality and Cheaper Substitutes
Masterbatch is been used in various end-use industries such as automotive, construction, packaging, agriculture, and amongst others. Market players with enhanced coloring are making an impression on the end-use industries. With the growth, a strong challenge of local players coming with the availability of lower quality and cheaper products is expected to hinder the growth of the product market during the forecast period.
Masterbatch Market: Key Segments
- Based on Type: Color, White, Black, Additives, and Others
- On the basis of Polymer: Polypropylene (PP), High-density polyethylene (HDPE), Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Polyurethane (PUR), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), and Others
- On the basis of End-user: Automotive, Construction, Textile, Agriculture, Consumer Goods, and Others
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Masterbatch Market: Report Scope
The report on the Masterbatch Market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Tons)
Type, End-User, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Ampacet Corporation
- Schulman, Inc.
- Colourtone Masterbatch
- Hubron International
- Cabot Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Masterbatch Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Masterbatch Market, by Type
Masterbatch Market, by Polymers
- Polypropylene (PP)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
Masterbatch Market, by End User
- Consumer Goods
Masterbatch Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Masterbatch Market Providers
- Masterbatch Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Masterbatch Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE MASTERBATCH MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Rising Demand from Automotive Industry
4.2.2. Growing Packaging Demand from Food & Beverage Industry
4.3.1. Availability of Low Quality and Cheaper Substitutes
4.4.1. Growing Demand for Plastic from Emerging Economies
4.5.1 Non-Biodegradability of Plastics
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 MASTERBATCH MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million & Volume (2017—2024)
7 MASTERBATCH MARKET BY POLYMER, Market Size in USD Million & Volume (2017—2024)
7.2 Polypropylene (PP)
7.3 High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
7.4 Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
7.5 Polyurethane (PUR)
7.6 Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
8 MASTERBATCH MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million & Volume (2017—2024)
8.3 Consumer Goods
9 MASTERBATCH MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million & Volume (2017—2024)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.3 BASF SE
11.5 Ampacet Corporation
11.6 A. Schulman, Inc.
11.9 Colourtone Masterbatch
11.10 Hubron International
11.11 Cabot Corporation
11.12 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY