Lubricants Market: Summary
The Global Lubricants Market is estimated to reach USD 196.2 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 2.2%, states forencis research (FSR).
Lubricant is a substance that is used to reduce friction and wear between surfaces in mutual contact and in relative motion, which directly help to reduce the heat generation when surface move. It also use to eliminate heat and wear debris, transmitting power, supply additives into contact, protect, and seal. Lubricants can be classified based on the base oil to Mineral oil, synthetic oil, and others. Most of the lubricants contain 5 to 30% of additives to improve their performance. Lubricants can be used in a variety of applications such as automotive, industrial, mining, hydraulic and many others. The selection of lubricants is depending on various factors such as exposure to harsh chemicals and temperature.
Lubricants Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Constant Demand Form Automotive Sector
Increasing preference for vehicles for personal mobility and public transportation is increasing sales of automobiles globally. Moreover, a continuously growing replacement market due to growing awareness among consumers is anticipated to boost the demand for lubricants in the automotive sector. Thus the demand for lubricants in the automotive sector is showing considerable growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
The increasing automotive sector is one of the major driver behind the growth of the lubricant market. The electrical vehicle is the major development of the automotive sector. On the other hand, the consumption of the automotive lubricants is more in IC vehicles as compared with EVs. Thus increasing demand for electrical vehicles is expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Lubricants Market: Key Segments
- Key Segments by Base Oil Covers: Mineral Oil, Synthetic Oil, and Others
- Key Segments by Product Type Covers: Grease, Engine Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant Liquids, Compressor Oil, and Others
- Key Segments by Fit Application: Automotive and Industrial
- Key Regions Covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Lubricants Market: Report Scope
The report on the lubricants market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Base Oil, Product Type, Application
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
KEY Companies Covered
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- BP p.l.c.
- Chevron Corporation.
- PetroChina Company Limited
- China Petrochemical Corporation. (Sinopec Corp.)
- PETRONAS Lubricants International
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Lubricants Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Lubricants Market, by Base Oil
- Mineral Oil
- Synthetic Oil
Lubricants Market, by Product Type
- Engine Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
- Gear Oil
- Coolant Liquids
- Compressor Oil
Lubricants Market, by Application
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Metal & Mining
Lubricants Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the emerging lubricants manufacturing technologies impacting the growth of the global market?
- What would be the impact of the key developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the upcoming future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the prominent players operating the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Lubricants Market Providers
- Lubricants Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE LUBRICANTS MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Constant Demand Form Automotive Sector
4.2.2. Increasing Demand for High Performance Lubricants
4.3.1. Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
4.1.1. Growing E-commerce Industry
4.1.1. Fluctuation in Crude Oil Prices
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 LUBRICANT MARKET, BY BASE OIL, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
6.2 Mineral Oil
6.3 Synthetic Oil
7 LUBRICANT MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
7.3 Engine Oil
7.4 Hydraulic Oil
7.5 Gear Oil
7.6 Coolant Liquids
7.7 Compressor Oil
8 LUBRICANT MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
8.2.1 Commercial Vehicle
8.2.2 Passenger Vehicle
8.3.1 Metal & Mining
9 LUBRICANT MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East & Africa
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 Royal Dutch Shell plc
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation.
11.4 BP p.l.c.
11.5 Chevron Corporation.
11.6 PetroChina Company Limited
11.7 China Petrochemical Corporation. (Sinopec Corp.)
11.9 PETRONAS Lubricants International
11.10 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
11.11 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY