Lubricants Market by Base Oil (Mineral Oil, Synthetic Oil), by Product Type (Grease, Engine Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant Liquids, Compressor Oil), by Application (Automotive, Industrial), by Region (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America) – Global Forecast 2019 to 2027
Lubricants Market: Summary
The Global Lubricants Market is estimated to reach USD 196.2 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 2.2%, states forencis research (FSR).
Lubricant is a substance that is used to reduce friction and wear between surfaces in mutual contact and in relative motion, which directly help to reduce the heat generation when surface move. It also use to eliminate heat and wear debris, transmitting power, supply additives into contact, protect, and seal. Lubricants can be classified based on the base oil to Mineral oil, synthetic oil, and others. Most of the lubricants contain 5 to 30% of additives to improve their performance. Lubricants can be used in a variety of applications such as automotive, industrial, mining, hydraulic and many others. The selection of lubricants is depending on various factors such as exposure to harsh chemicals and temperature.
Lubricants Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Constant Demand Form Automotive Sector
Increasing preference for vehicles for personal mobility and public transportation is increasing sales of automobiles globally. Moreover, a continuously growing replacement market due to growing awareness among consumers is anticipated to boost the demand for lubricants in the automotive sector. Thus the demand for lubricants in the automotive sector is showing considerable growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
The increasing automotive sector is one of the major driver behind the growth of the lubricant market. The electrical vehicle is the major development of the automotive sector. On the other hand, the consumption of the automotive lubricants is more in IC vehicles as compared with EVs. Thus increasing demand for electrical vehicles is expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Lubricants Market: Key Segments
- Key Segments by Base Oil Covers: Mineral Oil, Synthetic Oil, and Others
- Key Segments by Product Type Covers: Grease, Engine Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant Liquids, Compressor Oil, and Others
- Key Segments by Fit Application: Automotive and Industrial
- Key Regions Covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Lubricants Market: Report Scope
The report on the lubricants market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Base Oil, Product Type, Application
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
KEY Companies Covered
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- BP p.l.c.
- Chevron Corporation.
- PetroChina Company Limited
- China Petrochemical Corporation. (Sinopec Corp.)
- PETRONAS Lubricants International
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Lubricants Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Lubricants Market, by Base Oil
- Mineral Oil
- Synthetic Oil
Lubricants Market, by Product Type
- Engine Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
- Gear Oil
- Coolant Liquids
- Compressor Oil
Lubricants Market, by Application
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Metal & Mining
Lubricants Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the emerging lubricants manufacturing technologies impacting the growth of the global market?
- What would be the impact of the key developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the upcoming future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the prominent players operating the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Lubricants Market Providers
- Lubricants Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE LUBRICANTS MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Constant Demand Form Automotive Sector
4.2.2. Increasing Demand for High Performance Lubricants
4.3.1. Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
4.1.1. Growing E-commerce Industry
4.1.1. Fluctuation in Crude Oil Prices
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 LUBRICANT MARKET, BY BASE OIL, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
6.2 Mineral Oil
6.3 Synthetic Oil
7 LUBRICANT MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
7.3 Engine Oil
7.4 Hydraulic Oil
7.5 Gear Oil
7.6 Coolant Liquids
7.7 Compressor Oil
8 LUBRICANT MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
8.2.1 Commercial Vehicle
8.2.2 Passenger Vehicle
8.3.1 Metal & Mining
9 LUBRICANT MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2019—2027)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East & Africa
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 Royal Dutch Shell plc
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation.
11.4 BP p.l.c.
11.5 Chevron Corporation.
11.6 PetroChina Company Limited
11.7 China Petrochemical Corporation. (Sinopec Corp.)
11.9 PETRONAS Lubricants International
11.10 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
11.11 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY
Forencis Research follows robust and deep dive research methodologies to deliver accurate – current, estimated and forecasted market data. Our extensive primary and secondary research help in deriving reliable qualitative and quantitative data to provide verified market insights. Our research team tracks historic trends, existing and recent market dynamics, growth prospects, competitor landscape, and the entire value chain dynamics to attain reliable industry facts to reach accurate market estimates. Primary research is conducted through thorough interviews and detailed surveys with the Key Industry Experts and related participants across the value chain. Secondary research entails acquiring data through paid and reliable databases such as annual reports, SEC filings, research publications, association publications, investor presentations, white papers and other sources. All the above-obtained information is further processed and collated with our existing database prior to its presentation in our publications.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Single User PDF – $ 5,600
Multiple User PDF – $ 7,500
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- Major factors impacting the market and its growth
- Evolving Types of the various products in the Market
- Evolving Application of the various products in the Market
- Growing countries in the Global Market
- Effects of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players
- Key market developments undertaken by the leading players
Customize this Research
- Purchase sections of this report
- Purchase specific country/region analysis
- Avail Data in Preferred Format
- Customize any Type, Application, Geography or Company Profile to attain a Deeper Insight
- Request Updated Version of this Report