Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste MARKET: Summary
The Global Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 971 Million exhibiting a CAGR of around 6.7% by the end of 2027.
Silver sintering technology was developed in 1980 but presently, it is gaining attention in the automotive and electronics industry due to the innovations of nano-particle materials, greater importance on energy and eco-friendly products, and wider adoption of lead-free legislation around the globe. The technology uses pure silver die attach-layer for high operating temperatures. Use of silver sintering paste helps to increase the life of the device up to 10 times than the lead-containing die attach paste.
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Demand from Illumination Industry
Die-attach material plays a vital role in the performance and reliability of mid, high, and super-high-power LEDs. The selection of the suitable die-attach material for a particular chip structure is dependent on various factors such as packaging process (throughput and yield), reliability (lumen maintenance), performance (thermal dissipation and light output), and cost. Few die-attach materials used for the LED include Eutectic gold-tin, silver-filled epoxies, solder, silicones, and sintered materials. Among these die-attach materials, the silver-filled epoxies material is widely used as it possesses all the properties required for the LED die attach. It can be applied in either paste or film format and sintering can happen either in a press or a regular oven. The material, with cost in-between conductive adhesive and eutectic-AuSn, has superior mechanical reliability and higher thermal performance (than AuSn). Moreover, it helps to improve the lumens output by up to 30% for super high-power red & green LEDs.
Above mentioned superior properties of the low-temperature silver sintering paste increases the demand from the illumination Industry is expected to spur the market growth during the forecast period.
- Evolution of Pb-Free Solders
The restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) directive prohibited the use of hazardous substances, including lead, in electrical and electronic equipment. However, the lead base alloy solders have high melting temperature and contain 85% or more lead by weight which is excused from the directive regardless of the application. In 2011, a recast of the RoHS directive (RoHS2) was passed to set deadlines for eliminating exempt applications such as high lead (>85% lead) alloys. Thus, number of alternative regulations are invented among them silver sintering paste which is likely to create a new market opportunity for the low-temperature silver sintering paste manufacturers.
- Availabilities of The Alternatives
European RoHS directives prohibit the use of high Pb solders used as component solders and die attaches for automotive and other high-temperature applications. There is a strong effort to find Pb-free alternatives for these high-temperature electronic applications and unfortunately, a limited number of alloying systems are available that can fulfil all the requirements to replace the current high-lead content solders. Bi-based alloys, gold involving alloys and Zn–Al-based alloys are the few alternatives which likely to impede the market growth up to a certain extent.
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on type: Powder Type and Compact Type
- Segmentation based on application: Semiconductor Wafer/LED, Solar Cell, Automobile Glass and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the low-temperature silver sintering paste market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
KEY Companies Covered
- KYOCERA Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Rogers Corporation
- KAKEN TECH Co., Ltd.
- Heraeus Holding
- NIHON SUPERIOR CO., LTD.
- Dycotec Materials Ltd
- Finetech GmbH & Co. KG,
- CEM Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market, by Type
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market, by Application
- Semiconductor Wafer/LED
- Solar Cell
- Automobile Glass
Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the emerging manufacturing technologies affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market Providers
- Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Low-Temperature Silver Sintering Paste Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE LOW-TEMPERATURE SILVER SINTERING PASTE MARKET STUDY