Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Summary
The Global Liquid Silicone Rubber Market is projected to reach a value of USD 4,097.35 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 8.2%.
Liquid silicone rubber is a high-purity, two-component platinum-cured silicone with superior stability and the ability to withstand at extremely high as well as cold temperature. It is versatile in the elastomers industry and is seen across the whole spectrum of the parts from consumer products to the medical devices and everything in between. Increasing demand from electrical & electronics and the healthcare industry are the key driving factors towards the market growth during the forecast period. However, stringent regulatory policies is acting as a major restraint of the market growth up to a certain extent.
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Market Dynamics
- Increasing Demand from Healthcare Industry
- Liquid silicone rubber is used for the production of implants and medical devices due to its durability, ease of molding by many methods, wide useful temperature range, chemical inertness, high tensile strength, the vast range of available durometers, biocompatibility, and compatibility with many sterilization methods
- Medical grade materials are prepared under rigorous testing and regulations to assure superior quality and adherence to safety standards
- On 1st June 2019, Allergan (Ireland) launched a dedicated multi-channel campaign to contact patients who may not be aware of July 24, 2019, recall of BIOCELL textured breast implants and tissue expanders.
- Increasing aging population across the globe along with increasing awareness about health concerns, which is driving the medical application of liquid silicon rubber market
- According to the World health organization, the world’s population of aged 60 years and older is expected to total 2 billion by 2050
- Thus the rising use of liquid silicon rubber application in the healthcare industry along with the rising aging population is expected to drove the growth of the market globally
- Increasing Demand from the Electrical and Electronics Industry
- Stringent Regulatory Policies
- There are some regulations norms set by the various government bodies that silicon rubber manufacturers have must follow
- A few regulations that many companies now have to comply with are Restriction of Use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), the Dodd-Frank Act, and the US government’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) for use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
- For example,
- Food contact applications (e.g. BfR, FDA)
- Drinking water approval (e.g. KTW, WRAS, ACS)
- Pharmaceutical and medical applications (e.g. European Pharmacopeia and U.S. Pharmacopeia USP)
- National and international regulations and provisions (e. g. EU directive 2002/95/EC – RoHS, REACH)
- Thus the stringent regulatory policies regarding the manufacturing and use of the liquid silicon rubber are hampering the market growth up to a certain extent
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Key Segments
The Liquid Silicone Rubber market is majorly segmented into grade and application.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into the industrial-grade, medical-grade, and food grade. The medical-grade liquid silicone rubber segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- On the basis of application, the market is bifurcated into automotive, medical, electrical and electronics, consumer goods, and others.
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the major market share owing to the well developed healthcare industry ahe along with increasing demand for disposablemedical devices, equipment, and implants. However, Asia Pacific is projected grow at the fastest growth rate aimed to rapidly growing demand from healthcare industry, relatively cheap manufacturing cost, and high economic growth rate these factors are boosting the liquid silicone market in the Asia-Pacific region
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Report Scope
The report on the Liquid Silicone Rubber market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Tons)
Type, Age and Distribution Channel
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Avantor, Inc. (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Elkem Silicones
- KCC Corporation
- Laur Silicone
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Simtec Silicone Parts, LLC
- STOCKWELL ELASTOMERICS, INC.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Other Key Companies
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market, by Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Medical Grade
- Food Grade
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market, by Application
- Medical Device
- Medical Equipment Parts
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electrical Insulation
- Electrical & Optical Components
- Consumer Goods
- Home Appliances Components
- Food contact Product
- Water Contact Product
- Infra Care Product
Liquid Silicone Rubber Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Liquid Silicone Rubber Market Providers
- Liquid Silicone Rubber Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Liquid Silicone Rubber Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE LIQUID SILICONE RUBBER MARKET STUDY