IoT OPERATING SYSTEMS MARKET: Summary
The Global IoT Operating Systems Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 6.7 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 42.1%.
Internet of Things (IoT) operating system (OS) are those operating systems which are designed as per the requirement of IoT devices. These systems are used by the devices for the transfer of the data through Internet. The coding of these systems must be developed with the necessary Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) ability for consistent linkage with the Internet. Another important feature of IoT OS is that they must be capable of managing resources on all communication layers. In addition, these OS are also enabled to support latest technologies such as Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), and Routing over Low Power and Lossy Networks (ROLL), amongst others.
IOT OPERATING SYSTEMS MARKET: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand for Efficient IoT Devices
The demand for the IoT devices have grown significantly in past few years. The IoT devices are penetrating the market rigorously which increases the demand for the more efficient IoT devices which uses less energy, acquires smaller memory footprint, and other such features. Embedding IoT OS with IoT devices may fulfill this demand of efficient devices. The need of small-memory footprint can be fulfilled by arranging memory conservation. Moreover, IoT OS may also provide uniform application program interface (API) which enables independent hardware abstraction.
Thus, increasing demand for efficient IoT devices may contribute to the growth of the market, during the forecast period.
- Increasing Adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In the past few years, BYOD is gaining traction across the globe and the organizations are in favor of this concept as it is a cost efficient option. The organizations are optimizing their enterprise for this trend which also results in the surge of demand for IoT friendly network. Embedding IoT OS in the devices may result in energy efficient output, in addition sharing of data will also get seamless.
Thus, increasing trend of BYOD may contribute to the growth of the market, during the forecast period.
Currently, one of the major challenge faced by the IoT OS is security concerns. As these systems work on the real time data and are used for online data sharing, they become vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Code-injection is one such type of cyber-attack, in this the abrupt codes are run on the system to attain control over the program and triggering to execute malicious codes. In addition, attacks on the internal communication layers, exploitation of memory, and other such attacks can affect the device performance.
Thus, security concerns may hinder the growth of the IoT operating systems market, during the forecast period.
IoT Operating Systems Market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on source covers: Open Source, and Closed Source
- Segmentation based on services covers: Professional Services, and Managed Services
- Segmentation based on end users covers: Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Construction, Energy & Utility, Transportation & Logistics, Media & Entertainment, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
IoT Operating Systems Market: Report SCOPE
The report on the IoT operating systems market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Source, Services, End Users, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Apple Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Google LLC
- Arm Limited
- Green Hills Software
- Canonical Ltd.
- Wind River Systems, Inc.
- Mentor, a Siemens Business,
- SYSGO GmbH, Thales subsidary
- eSOL Co., Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
IoT Operating Systems Market: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
IoT Operating Systems Market, by Source
- Open Source
- Closed Source
IoT Operating Systems Market, by Services
- Professional Service
- Managed Service
IoT Operating Systems Market, by End User
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Energy & Utility
- Transportation & Logistics
- Media & Entertainment
IoT Operating Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- IoT Operating Systems Market Providers
- IoT Operating Systems Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of IoT Operating Systems Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE IOT OPERATING SYSTEMS MARKET STUDY