Insecticides Market: Summary
The Global Insecticides Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 24.2 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.9%.
Insecticides are a type of pesticides which are formulated to harm, repel or mitigate, kill one or more species of insects. Insecticides work in different ways some disrupt the nervous system, whereas others may damage their exoskeletons, repel them or control them by some other means. These are available in various forms such as dust, gels, sprays, and baits. Cost-effectiveness, timeliness & flexibility, increase quality & quantity of product, protection of the environment, prevention of pest problems, increase in crop production, and others are some of the advantages offered by the use of insecticides.
Insecticides Market: Drivers & opportunity
- Increasing Need for Agriculture Productivity
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation, the world population is expected to grow by over a third, or 2.3 billion people between 2009 to 2050. The population growth coupled with rising income in developing countries has expected to drive the global demand for food. Thus, increasing demand for food has further need to increase the crop production, either by increasing the amount of agriculture land to grow a crop or by enhancing the productivity on existing agricultural through fertilizer and irrigation and adopting new methods like precision farming. Thus, increasing the need for agriculture productivity in order to meet growing food demand across the globe has expected to drive the growth of the insecticides market during the forecasted period.
- Availability of Bioinsecticides as a Substitute
Bioinsecticides are a type of pesticides obtained from naturally occurring substance such as animals, plants, bacteria, and minerals that control or kill pests. Growing environmental concerns and health hazards associated with the use of synthetic insecticides has increased the demand for bioinsecticides across the globe. Less toxic or non-toxic nature of bioinsecticides as compared to synthetic insecticides has increased its popularity. Moreover, unlike conventional insecticides which affect a broad spectrum of species, bioinsecticides provide more targeted activity towards desired insects. Furthermore, they are effective in small quantities, offering quick decomposition & lower exposure, leaving virtually no harmful residues after application. Thus, the availability of bioinsecticides as a substitute may pose a opportunity to market growth.
Insecticides Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Type: Inorganic Insecticides, and Organic Insecticides.
- Segmentation based on Crop Type: Pulses & Oilseeds, Grains & Cereals, Fruits & Vegetables, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Formulation: Emulsifiable Concentrate, Wettable Powder, Suspension Concentrate, Oil Emulsion in Water, Microencapsulated Suspension, Granules, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Insecticides Market: Report Scope
The report on the insecticides market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Crop Type, Formulation, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- ADAMA Ltd. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- FMC Corporation
- Nufarm Ltd
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Syngenta AG
- Other Key Companies
Insecticides Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Insecticides Market, by Type
- Systematic Insecticides
- Contact Insecticides
- Ingested Insecticides
- Insecticidal Soap
- Plain Water
Insecticides Market, by Crop Type
- Pulses and Oilseeds
- Grains and Cereals
- Fruits and Vegetables
Insecticides Market, by Formulation
- Emulsifiable Concentrate
- Wettable Powder
- Suspension Concentrate
- Oil Emulsion in Water
- Microencapsulated Suspension
Insecticides Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Insecticides Market Providers
- Insecticides Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Insecticides Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE INSECTICIDES MARKET STUDY