Industrial Coatings Market: Summary
The Global Industrial Coatings Market is projected to reach around USD 132 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.4%.
Industrial coatings encompass a wide range of materials that are used to protect, or provide useful properties such as chemical resistance, water resistance, flexibility, abrasion resistance, impact resistance, and UV light resistance to many end-use industries including general industries, automotive & refinish, marine, aerospace, oil & gas and many other. It is a thin filmed applied on various industrial materials to increase their shelf life and increase performance as well. The films are applied with various types of polymers such as polyurethane, epoxy, acrylic, alkyds, polyester and others.
Industrial Coatings Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising demand for environmentally friendly coatings
The development of coating technologies is influenced by the environmental considerations. The stringent regulations of global regulatory agencies regarding reduction the emission of the VOC in coating resin and low polluting coating technologies are boosting the demand for environmental-friendly coatings. Reduction of solvent emissions was a dominating factor in the decision of the automotive industry in Western Europe to introduce waterborne basecoat systems for OEM application. Powder coating is gaining popular after the stringent government on VOC emission in US and Western European countries.
Thus, rising demand for environmentally friendly coatings is expected to drive the industrial coatings market during the forecast period.
- Stringent Regulatory Policies
Coatings are the amazing material; the inch of layers are expected to protect and beautify various substrates for many years in various aggressive environments. But the coating Industry is cause damage the environmental during the manufacture and use of products. The combined efforts of global regulatory agencies and coatings technologists have improved the environmental footprint of the coatings industry over the last few years. For Instance, in San Diego County, the company may not perform painting or coating at any NASSCO facility without first applying for and obtaining approval from the Environmental Engineering Department to conduct this activity.
Thus, the environmental and health hazards concern regarding VOC is expected to hamper the market growth up to a certain extent.
Industrial Coatings Market: Key Segments
- By Resin Type: Polyurethane, Epoxy, Acrylic, Polyester Alkyd, Fluoropolymer and Others.
- By Technology: Powder Based, Water Based, Solvent Based, High Solid, and Radiation Curable
- By End Use Industries: General Industries, Automotive & Vehicle Refinish, Marine, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Electronics, Industrial Wood and Others.
- Based on Region Covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Industrial Coatings Market: Report Scope
The report on the Industrial Coatings market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion), Volume (Kiloton)
Resin Type, Technology, and End Use Industries
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Akzo Nobel N.V. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Asian Paints Ltd.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- BASF SE
- Beckers Group
- Berger Paints India Limited
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
- SDC Technologies, Inc (SDC)
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hempel A/S
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Sika AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- RPM International Inc.
- The Chemours Company
- Other Key Companies
- Other Key Companies
Industrial Coatings Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Industrial Coatings Market, by Resin Type
- Others (Silicone, Amino, Polyurea, Polyolefin)
Industrial Coatings Market, by Technology
- Powder Based
- Water Based
- Solvent Based
- High Solid
- Radiation Curable
Industrial Coatings Market, by End Use Industries
- General Industries
- Automotive & Vehicle Refinish
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial Wood
- Others (Packaging, Rail)
Industrial Coatings Market, by Region
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Industrial Coatings Market Providers
- Industrial Coatings Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Industrial Coatings Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE INDUSTRIAL COATINGS MARKET STUDY