Industrial Alcohol Market: Summary
The Global Industrial Alcohol Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 276.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 9.2%.
Industrial alcohol is distilled ethyl alcohol of high pure form. It is a volatile, colorless, and flammable liquid mostly used into biofuel. It is majorly obtained from molasses, fossil fuel, grains and others. It is used in an array of applications including biofuel, pharmaceuticals, and personal care. Ethyl alcohol can be used in a gasoline engine as a blending fuel for gasoline.
Industrial Alcohol Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand for Bioethanol
Bioethanol is a type of fuel that produced by using biological sources, having advantages over conventional fuels, owing to its biological origin and renewability. Bioethanol is a clean fuel as results, it is rapidly being used as an auto fuel by the transportation sector. Numerous laws and regulations exist globally, encouraging the use of bioethanol, such as European Union Renewable Energy Directive (EU RED) and Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). As the transportation industry increases the demand for bioethanol increases, due to biofuel mandates by regulatory bodies, rise in concerns regarding the surge in pollution & emission of greenhouse gases, and abundant raw material availability. Thus the increasing demand for bioethanol is expected to boost the global industrial alcohol market.
- Fluctuating Cost of the Raw Materials
Several materials such as molasses, corn, grains, fossil fuel others can be used for the manufacturing of valves. Though molasses and grains are widely available, they together cannot fulfil the global demand for industrial alcohol. Thus, volatility in the prices of fossil fuel is a major factor likely to hamper the market growth during the assessment period. The price fluctuations are attributed to the mining and extraction of the raw materials, which are dependent on geological and geopolitical factors. Additionally, naturally available raw material, which adds up the cost on account of the supply-demand gap which is further likely to hamper the market growth up to a certain extent.
Industrial Alcohol Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Ethyl Alcohol, Methyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Isobutyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, and Others
- Segmentation based on source: Molasses, Corn, Grains (Excl. Corn), Fossil Fuels, and Others
- Segmentation based on processing method: Fermentation Method and Synthetic Method
- Segmentation based on application: Fuel, Chemical Intermediates & Solvent, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care Products, Food Ingredients, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Industrial Alcohol Market: Report Scope
The report on the Industrial Alcohol market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Source, Processing Method, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Cargill, Incorporated. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Green Plains Inc.
- The Andersons, Inc.
- Grain Processing Corporation
- GREENFIELD GLOBAL INC.
- Flint Hills Resources, LLC
- Merck KGaA
- HBL (HPCL Biofuels Ltd.)
- Other Key Companies
- Other Key Companies
Industrial Alcohol Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Industrial Alcohol Market, by Type
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Methyl Alcohol
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Isobutyl Alcohol
- Benzyl Alcohol
Industrial Alcohol Market, by Source
- Grains (Excl. Corn)
- Fossil Fuels
Industrial Alcohol Market, by Processing Method
- Fermentation Method
- Synthetic Method
Industrial Alcohol Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediates & Solvent
- Personal Care Products
- Food Ingredients
Industrial Alcohol Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Industrial Alcohol Market Providers
- Industrial Alcohol Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Industrial Alcohol Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE INDUSTRIAL ALCOHOL MARKET STUDY