IMAGE SENSOR MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Image Sensor Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 36.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 10.4%.
Image sensor is an optical device that converts the optical image into the electrical signal. It is used in many imaging devices such as the digital camera to convert the light received on the camera or imaging device into a digital image. Charged coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) are the two popular types of image sensors uses in various applications such as consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare, and many others. Key players in the image sensor market are Sony Corporation, Nikon Corporation, SAMSUNG, On Semiconductors, and many others.
IMAGE SENSOR MARKET: DRIVERS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Growing Consumer Electronics Market
Currently, due to rising new developments and increasing investment in new technologies, the consumer electronics market is expected to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period. Consumer electronics consist of smartphones, laptops, tablets, desktop PC, digital cameras, and many others who are expected to add more value to the consumer electronics market. Image sensors are typically used to convert an optical image into an electrical signal and hence it is installed in most of the consumer electronics product and hence it is expected to drive the image sensor market during the forecast period.
Growing population in Asia-Pacific, new developments in augmented and virtual reality technologies, and the growing consumer electronics market are expected to increase the gaming market globally. In May 2019, Sony Corporation merged with Microsoft Corporation to use its cloud platform for streaming games and to work with each other to develop an image sensor for gaming applications. In this partnership, Microsoft's Xbox platform and Sony's PlayStation collaborate to stream games and content to consumers and offer game makers new development tools. This will create an opportunity for the image sensor market during the forecast period.
IMAGE SENSOR MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Based on technology: Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (CMOS), Charge-Coupled Device (CCD), and Scientific Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (sCMOS)
- Based on optical format: Inch-Based Sensor Formats and APS Sensor Formats
- Based on the processing type: 3D Image Sensor and 2D Image Sensor
- Based on application: Consumer Electronics, Security & Surveillance, Medical, Automotive, Space & Defense, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
IMAGE SENSOR MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the image sensor market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Optical Format, Processing Type, Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Sony Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Nikon Corporation
- On Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments Incorporated.
- Canon Inc.
- SK HYNIX INC
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- OmniVision Technologies, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Other Key Companies
- Toshiba Corporation
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Teledyne Digital Imaging Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
IMAGE SENSOR MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Image Sensor Market, by Technology
- Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (CMOS)
- Charge-Coupled Device (CCD)
- Scientific Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (sCMOS)
Image Sensor Market, by Optical Format
- Inch-Based Sensor Formats
- Advanced Photo System (APS) Sensor Formats
Image Sensor Market, by Processing Type
- 3D Image Sensor
- 2D Image Sensor
Image Sensor Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Smartphones & Tablets
- Desktops & Laptops
- Digital Cameras
- Security & Surveillance
- Space & Defense
Image Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Image Sensor Market Providers
- Image Sensor Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Image Sensor Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE IMAGE SENSOR MARKET STUDY