Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market: Summary
The Global Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 11.9 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.3%.
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) are solvent-free thermoplastic polymer blends. It is also known as hot glue, is a form of thermoplastic adhesive that is commonly sold as solid cylindrical sticks of various diameters designed to be applied using a hot glue gun. They are solid at room temperature and can be softened, reshaped, and dispensed upon heating above their softening point. they have excellent gap filling capabilities and bond a wide variety of porous and non-porous substrates including pre-painted steel and polyolefin plastics.
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Wide Range of Applications
Hot-melt adhesives are as numerous as they are versatile. hot melts are applied by extruding, rolling or spraying, and the high melt viscosity makes them ideal for porous and permeable substrates. They are capable of bonding an array of different substrates including rubbers, ceramics, metals, plastics, glass and wood. The various types of melt adhesives are available in the market, that can be used in a wide range of applications across several industries. In hobby or craft projects such as the assembly or repair of remote control foam model aircraft, and artificial floral arrangements, hot-melt sticks and hot-melt glue guns are used in the application of the adhesive. In industrial processes application, the adhesive is supplied in larger sticks and glue guns with higher melting rates. Aside from hot melt sticks, hot melt adhesives can be delivered in other formats such as granular or power hot melt blocks for bulk melt processors. Larger applications of hot melt adhesives traditionally use pneumatic systems to supply the adhesive. Thus, the increasing demand for hot melt adhesive for various household and industrial applications is expected to boost the global Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) market.
- Booming Packaging and Nonwoven Applications in Asia-Pacific and South America
The packaging application of HMAs includes carton boxes, envelopes, carton closure, cups, flexible packaging, specialty packaging, bags, and processed food products. In Nonwoven application HMAs are extensively used in products including baby diapers, tissues, pet & medical pads, and towel & napkin. Increasing population along with changing lifestyle are the reason behind the growing demand for packaging and nonwoven product in the Asia-Pacific and South America region. Thus, the booming packaging and nonwoven applications in Asia-pacific and South America region is expected to create an opportunity for key market players.
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA), Styrenic Block Copolymers (SBC), Metallocene Polyolefin (MPO), Amorphous Polyalphaolefins (APAO), Polyolefins, Polyamides, Polyurethane (PU), and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Packaging Solutions, Nonwoven Hygiene Products, Furniture & Woodwork, Bookbinding, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market: Report Scope
The report on the Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- 3M Company. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Arkema SA
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Beardow & Adams (Adhesives) Ltd.
- HB Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Jowat Se
- Sika AG
- Tex Year Industries Inc.
- Adhesive Direct UK
- Adtek Malaysia SDN BHD
- Buhnen GmbH & Co. Kg
- Cherng Tay Technology Co., Ltd.
- Costchem SRL
- Daubert Chemical Company
- Evans Adhesive Corporation, Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Helmitin Adhesives
- KMS Adhesives Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market, by Type
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Styrenic Block Copolymers (SBC)
- Metallocene Polyolefin (MPO)
- Amorphous Polyalphaolefins (APAO)
- Polyurethane (PU)
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market, by Application
- Packaging Solutions
- Corrugated Boxes and Trays
- Carton and Side-Seam Closures
- Flexible Packaging
- Nonwoven Hygiene Products
- Baby Diapers, Nappies, and Pants
- Adult Incontinence
- Feminine Care
- Furniture & Woodwork
- Automotive & Transport
- Consumer Diy
Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market Providers
- Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA) Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE HOT MELT ADHESIVES (HMA) MARKET STUDY