HEAD-MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Head-Mounted Display Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 68.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 36.2%.
Head-mounted displays (HMD) are based on projection technology which integrated into eyeglasses or mounted on hat or helmet. The head-mounted display uses virtual reality technology and augmented reality technology where end-user can interact and visualize the objects of the virtual world with real-world interaction. This device is not only used for gaming and entertainment applications but it is also used in healthcare, military & defense, and education. Key players in the head mount display are Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and HTC Corporation among others.
HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET: DRIVERS & RESTRAINTS
- Growing Adoption of Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR) Technologies
Virtual reality and augmented reality are the key fields of communication technology and new generation information which contains huge industry potential, large application space, and wide technological support. Both AR and VR are high image processing devices and hence it will require high computing power and very robust hardware to operate. AR and VR technologies are getting ready to fulfill the daily demand of end-users and try to bridges the gap between real and artificial worlds. Hence the adoption of AR VR technologies is continuously increasing which helps to grow the head-mounted display market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Investment by Global Players
Global players such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and HTC Corporation are continuously investing in research and development to stay in competition with the help of launching new technologies, new products, and adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies. In 2016, Facebook acquired Oculus for USD 2 Billion to entered into the head-mounted display market and display technologies market. Moreover, in 2016, Microsoft launched HoloLens, an augmented reality-based head-mounted display product to stay ahead in the competition with Google, Facebook, HTC corporation, and Samsung. Hence, it will have expected to boost the market during the projected years.
The battery life of the wireless head mount display will have projected to hamper the growth of the head mount display during upcoming years. The head-mounted display has various functions includes the audio, display, and many other functions to run these functions it requires large battery capacity. the head-mounted display has a small area to implant large-capacity battery. Due to less battery life, it may not run for a long time and hence it will restraint the head-mounted display market.
HEAD-MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Based on technology: Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
- Based on display type: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED), and Others
- Based on application: Tracking, Imaging, Security, Gaming, and Engineering & Design
- Based on end-user: Media & Entertainment, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Education, Sports, Automobile, Tourism, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
HEAD-MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the head-mounted display market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Units)
Valve Type, Material, Aircraft Type, and End-users
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Google (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD
- Facebook Technologies, LLC
- HTC Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- BAE Systems
- Avegant Corp
- Collins Aerospace, a United Technologies company
- Other Key Companies
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- ZEISS International
HEAD-MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Head Mounted Display Market, by Technology
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
Head Mounted Display Market, by Display Type
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)
Head Mounted Display Market, by Application
- Engineering & Design
Head Mounted Display Market, by End User
- Media & Entertainment
- Aerospace & Defense
HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Head Mounted Display Market Providers
- Head Mounted Display Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Head Mounted Display Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY MARKET STUDY