GRAPHENE MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Graphene Market is expected to register a CAGR of 37.5%, reaching a value of around USD 1,005 million by the end of 2027.
Graphene is a single layer of carbon atoms, which are tightly bound in a hexagonal honeycomb lattice. It is an allotrope of carbon in the form of a plane of sp2-bonded atoms with a molecular bond length of 0.142 nanometers. Layers of graphene stacked on top of each other form graphite, with an interplanar spacing of 0.335 nanometers. It has gained popularity owing to its excellent properties such as lightweight, toughness, flexibility, impermeable and shows high electron mobility.
GRAPHENE MARKET: DRIVERS & OPPORTUNITIES
- High Demand for Graphene in Electronics Application
Graphene exhibits excellent electrical properties along with flexibility and transparency. This makes it an ideal choice of material for use in a wide range of electronics devices. Graphene has a unique arrangement of carbon atoms, which allows its electrons to travel at a high velocity without significant scattering. This saves up the energy that would be lost in other conductors.
Graphene can be used as a coating to improve current touch screens for smartphones and tablets. It is used in transistors, semiconductors, radio frequency (RF) circuits, sensors, memories, etc. It is further used in thermal management and heat dissipation in nanoelectronic devices.
Moreover, extensive research is being conducted for widening the scope of graphene application in electronics. For instance, researchers at Purdue University have developed a method for encapsulating the copper nanowires with graphene, which can transmit data 15% faster while reducing the peak temperature by 27% as compared to uncoated wires. These nanowires can be used in a range of electronics, including the flexible variety.
With the technological advancements in electronics sectors such as voice recognition and artificial intelligence, demand for electronic devices such as wearables, smart speakers, home automation, etc. are expected to increase, which will have a positive influence on the graphene market.
- Use of Graphene in Composites & Coatings
Graphene has high strength and low mass, thus making it ideal for use as a reinforcing agent in composites. Graphene can also be added to metals, polymers, and ceramics to create composites that are conductive and resistant to heat and pressure. Graphene-based composites could be used in medical implants, aerospace components, automotive, and others. For instance, in January 2020, Orbex, a UK-based, low-cost orbital launch services company, has developed a rocket called “Orbex Prime”, using 3D-printed engines and a carbon fiber-and-graphene body.
In line with the environmental regulations and improved performance, the demand for lightweight materials is expected to increase during the review period.
- Adverse Health Effects of Graphene
While producing graphene, toxic chemicals are used at high temperatures, which are harmful to human health. Scientists claim that graphene has ultra-sharp edges, which can easily pierce cell membranes in human lung, skin and immune cells and can cause potential damage. Inhalation and exposure to graphene can result in severe health issues such as chronic injury, translocation of lung lymph nodes, mutations, and cancers, among many others.
Thus, toxicity associated with inhalation and exposure of graphene is a key restraining factor.
GRAPHENE MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on product type: Graphene Oxide, Graphene Nanoplatelets, Pristine Graphene, Mono-layer & Bi-layer, 3D Graphene Foam, and
- Segmentation based on application: Electronics, Composites & Coatings, Energy Harvesting & Storage, Biomedical, Membranes, and
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
GRAPHENE MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the graphene market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Product Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Archer Materials (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Haydale Graphene Industries Plc
- Talga Resources Ltd.
- First Graphene Limited
- ZEN Graphene Solutions
- Graphenea Inc.
- NanoXplore Inc.
- XG Sciences, Inc.
- Directa Plus PLC
- Applied Graphene Materials PLC
- Bedimensional S.p.a.
- Versarien PLC
- Other Key Companies
GRAPHENE MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Graphene Market, by Product Type
- Graphene Oxide
- Graphene Nanoplatelets
- Pristine Graphene
- Mono-layer & Bi-layer
- 3D Graphene Foam
Graphene Market, by Application
- Electronic Components
- Composites & Coatings
- Energy Harvesting & Storage
Graphene Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Netherlands
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- What are the emerging manufacturing technologies affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Graphene Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Graphene Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GRAPHENE MARKET STUDY