GaN Power Device Market: Summary
The Global GaN Power Device Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 28.8%.
The Gallium nitride (GaN) is refer to a material which is used in the production of semiconductor power devices and the RF components as well as light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Whereas, GaN transistors have grown as an increase performance substitute of silicon-based transistors, with the ability of fabricating more compact devices for a given resistance value as well as breakdown the voltage as compared to silicon devices. Moreover, the GaN-based switches helps to provide a greater efficiency, power handling, as well as various other performance attributes.
Hence, these power devices can attain extremely low-resistance and high-frequency switching. These advantage of the market may lead to increase the demand of GaN power device market in the forecast period.
GaN Power Device Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Adoption of GaN Devices in Electric Vehicles
With the rising adoption of GaN devices in electric vehicles is witness to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period. Whereas, the electric vehicles is majorly equipped with the power modules to drive the motors at the high voltage, as it helps to reduce the current leakage in between the collector and emitter terminals. Also it will helps to improve the switching rate with the high frequency. However, the rising demand of the electric vehicles is creating a significance impact for the growth of the market. Moreover, as GaN materials is having an energy saving properties as well as has the ability to maintain the high voltage operation without losing the power. These will help EV vehicles to operate with lower switching loss, high switching speeds, enhance the power density, improved thermal budgets as well as cost reduction features.
Hence, the high voltage battery system such as Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) also need a high power management devices to manage power from a battery to motor drivers. These may lead to increase the growth of the GaN power device market in the forecast period.
One of the major key concern of the GaN power device market is the high cost of materials which may restraining factor for the growth of the market. Whereas, these is one of the major issue of the market is the high expenditure on the industry processes in the supply chain. Also, the preference of Silicon Carbide (Sic) devices in high voltage semiconductor applications is create a restrains factor for the market growth.
Hence, the total average expenditure of per GaN power device, of all the supply chain expected to be more than the average expenditure per pure silicon semiconductor device. These will create a major challenging factor for the growth of the market in the forecast period.
GaN Power Device Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Type: Power Semiconductor, Opto-Semiconductor and RF Semiconductor.
- Segmentation based on Voltage Range: Less than 200 Volt, 200-600 Volt and More than 600 Volt.
- Segmentation based on Device Type: Transistors, Diodes, Rectifier and Power ICs.
- Segmentation based on End-User: Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecommunication, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
GaN Power Device Market: Report Scope
The report on the GaN power device market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Voltage Range, Device Type, End-User, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Cree (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Qorvo, Inc
- Microsemi (Microchip Technology Inc.)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- GaN Systems
- Navitas Semiconductor
- Efficient Power Conversion Corporation
- Toshiba Corp
- Other Key Companies
- VisIC Techologies Ltd.
- Transphorm Inc.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
GaN Power Device Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
GaN Power Device Market, by Type
- Power Semiconductor
- RF Semiconductor
GaN Power Device Market, by Voltage Range
- Less than 200 Volt
- 200-600 Volt
- More than 600 Volt
GaN Power Device Market, by Device Type
- Power ICs
GaN Power Device Market, by End-User
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
GaN Power Device Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- GaN Power Device Market Providers
- GaN Power Device Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of GaN Power Device Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GAN POWER DEVICE MARKET STUDY