Fragrance Ingredients Market: Summary
The Global Fragrance Ingredients Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 24.3 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.4%.
Fragrance ingredients can be referred to as the compounds or derivatives that have the ability to impart sweet pleasant distinctive smell. These ingredients can be obtained via synthetic or natural process through petroleum-derived products or natural sources such as plants or animals. It is mostly used in the wide range of perfumes, however, but not restricted to it. It is also used to shampoos, body wash, lotions, creams, shaving gels and other personal care products. In addition to this, these are used in detergents, floor cleaners, car cleaners, air fresheners, fabric softeners and even in the scented candles.
Fragrance Ingredients Market: Drivers & Restraints
The perfume industry is witnessing major changes with changing consumer preference towards prestige, niche, and unique fragrance options. Rise in disposable income, growing middle-class population having higher affordability coupled with an increase in the living standards is driving the overall perfume industry. Also, shifting preference of the youth customers towards enhancing self appeal with higher spending on personal grooming is another factor fueling the market growth. An increasing trend of perfume customization according to the customer preference further acts as a factor favoring the market growth.
Additionally, growing demand for essential oils extracted from wild plant populations owing to exotic fragrance is propelling its use across aromatherapy, cosmetic and personal care products. Also, expanding application of various perfumes in the scented products including scented candles, automatic sprays, plug-in scented oils, wax melts and room spray to offer fresh and pleasant vibe further is again fostering the overall market growth.
- Health Effects on Usage of Few Fragrance Ingredients
Fragrance ingredient consists of different esters, terpenes, phthalates and other organic chemicals which are listed under the name perfume over the product label. However, such ingredients are often linked to disruptive or even fatal medical symptoms, which may leave a permanent impact on the neurological functioning, respiratory system, hormones, and reproductive health. International Fragrance Association (IFA) listed that styrene, naphthalene, and di-isononyl phthalate and oxybenzone are potential carcinogens used in fragrance. Some of the natural fragrance ingredients may also trigger negative effects on the human body. For instance, studies revealed that perfumes containing lavender and tea tree oil may boost gynecomastia in young males.
Fragrance Ingredients Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on source: Natural and Synthetic
- Segmentation based on application: Personal Care Product and Household Product
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Fragrance Ingredients Market: Report Scope
The report on the Fragrance Ingredients market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Source and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Firmenich SA
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Joh. Vögele KG
- Procter & Gamble
- T. HASEGAWA CO. LTD.
- Ernesto Ventós, S.A.
- Other Key Companies
Fragrance Ingredients Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Fragrance Ingredients Market, by Source
Fragrance Ingredients Market, by Application
- Personal Care Products
- Household Products
- Laundry Detergents
- Room and Car Fresheners
Fragrance Ingredients Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Fragrance Ingredients Market Providers
- Fragrance Ingredients Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Fragrance Ingredients Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FRAGRANCE INGREDIENTS MARKET STUDY