Food Waste Management Market: Summary
The Global Food Waste Management Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 52.2 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.1%.
The wastages of food at various stages of its life cycle such as production, processing, distribution, retail, and consumption. Food waste management is referred to as activities and actions mandatory to accomplish the food waste generated in different stages of its life cycle. Food waste management includes the collection, transport, treatment, and disposal of waste together with monitoring and regulation. Reduce methane emission from landfills, lower carbon footprint, conserve energy & resources, and preventing pollution involved in growing, producing, transporting, and selling are some of the benefits offered by food waste management.
Food Waste Management Market: Drivers &restraint
- Rising Concern Regarding Global Food Waste
Increasing wastage and spoilage of food has led to a reevaluation of usage and sustainability of resources. Robust growth in the food industry and increasing consumption of processed food are some of the factors attributed to the wastage of food. According to the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nation (FAO), the global volume of food wastage is estimated to be 1.6 million tons in 2019. Food wastage can adversely affect climate to the greenhouse gases that are emitted upon its decomposition, contaminates watercourses from nutrient and leachate runoff and can be a vector for diseases and a health hazard. According to the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nation (FAO), the food wastage carbon footprint is estimated at 3.3 billion tons of carbon dioxide equivalent of greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere per year. Thus, rising concern regarding growing global food wastage has expected to drive the growth of food waste management during the forecasted period.
- Adverse Effects of Landfill and Incineration Techniques on the Environment
Incineration and landfill both contribute to the emission of greenhouse gases, the major cause of global warming. The waste food disposed of in landfills sites or dumpsites, it decomposes and releases emission to the atmosphere. Whereas, the incineration process involves the burning of the waste to convert it into ashes and heat. Landfill and incineration have an adverse effect on climate, water bodies, and sanitation & hygiene. According to Our World Data, 6% of global greenhouse emission comes from food losses and waste. Thus, adverse effects of incineration and landfill techniques on the environment are expected to hamper the market growth.
Food Waste Management Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Waste Type: Cereals, Dairy Products, Fruits & Vegetables, Meat, Fish & Sea Food, Processed Food, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Process: Aerobic Digestion, Anaerobic Digestion, Combustion, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Source: Food Manufacturers, Primary Food Producers, Food Distributors & Suppliers, Food Service Providers, Municipalities & Households, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Application: Fertilizers, Animal Feed, Biofuel, Power Generation, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Food Waste Management Market: Report Scope
The report on the food waste management market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Waste Type, Process, Source, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Veolia (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- REMONDIS SE & Co. KG
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Covanta Holding Corporation
- Waste Connections
- CLEAN HARBORS, INC.
- Waste Management, Inc.
- FCC Recycling (UK) Ltd
- Smith Recycling (MK) Ltd
- Quest Resource Management Group
- ReFood GmbH & Co. KG
- Ecofast Italia S.r.l.
- Other Key Companies
Food Waste Management Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Food Waste Management Market, by Waste Type
- Dairy Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Fish & Sea Food
- Processed Food
Food Waste Management Market, by Process
- Aerobic Digestion
- Anaerobic Digestion
Food Waste Management Market, by Source
- Food Manufacturers
- Primary Food Producers
- Food Distributors & Suppliers
- Food Service Providers
- Municipalities & Households
Food Waste Management Market, by Application
- Animal Feed
- Power Generation
Food Waste Management Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Food Waste Management Market Providers
- Food Waste Management Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Food Waste Management Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FOOD WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET STUDY