Food Thickeners Market: Summary
The Global Food Thickeners Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 19.9 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.7%.
Food thickeners or thickening agents or edible thickeners can be referred to as the class of substances or compounds introduced into the aqueous edible composition for increasing viscosity without altering taste, flavor and other properties. The addition of the thickeners in the food products introduces a cream-like flavorful texture to the gravies, soups, sauces, jellies, jams, dips, dairy products, and non-alcoholic beverages. In addition to increasing viscosity, the food thickeners improve the suspension of other ingredients, ultimately enhancing the product stability. The food thickeners are introduced in the dietary formulas for the individuals having dysphasia or swallowing problems for maintaining correct consistency. Thickeners acts as an important part in enhancing the look and olfaction of food, which create texture in water-based product that may have runny or water-like consistency.
Food thickeners Market: Drivers & Challenges
Growing Demand from Processed Food Products
Globally, the demand for convenience food is on rise due to rapidly changing consumer preferences. Busier lifestyle, expanding retail sector, emergence of new products, and higher preference towards consumption of ready-to-cook/eat products in association with rise in disposable income is driving the demand for processed edibles. In addition to this, rapid urbanization with growing global population leading to upsurge in overall food consumption, creates a significant positive impact for food processing. Rise in global exports and import trade activates dedicated for the processed food and beverages products for upgrading and maintaining food safety and hygiene is fueling the market growth.
Higher Demand for Plant-based Thickeners
The market is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the years to follow owing to higher demand for plant-based thickeners among the healthy population. Animal or microbe derived thickeners are not preferred by the vegan population, thus provide immense opportunity for the plant derived food thickeners. Growing trend of adoption of flexitarian diet and upsurge in the veganism across the globe has shifted the targeted population pool towards plant based compounds. Negative health impact of the animal based diet, has promoted towards adopting vegan diet. Upsurge in the health drinks and dietary supplements owing to rising health conscious population drives the plant based products. Due to aforementioned factors, the food thickener market is expected to grow in the forecast period.
Food thickeners Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Starch, Hydrocolloid and Protein
- Segmentation based on source: Plant, Animal and Microbial
- Segmentation based on application: Beverages, Bakery Products, Dairy Products, Frozen Food, Sauces & Soups, Confectioneries and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Food thickeners Market: Report Scope
The report on the Food thickeners market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Source and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- ADM (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Tate & Lyle
- CP Kelco U.S., Inc. (A Huber company)
- TIC Gums, Inc.
- Fooding Group Limited
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
- Other Key Companies
Food thickeners Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Food Thickeners Market, by Type
- Potato Starch
Food Thickeners Market, by Source
Food thickeners Market, by Application
- Bakery Products
- Dairy Products
- Frozen Food
- Sauces & Soups
Food Thickeners Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Food thickeners Market Providers
- Food thickeners Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Food thickeners Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FOOD THICKENERS MARKET STUDY