Food Safety Testing Market: Summary
The Global Food Safety Testing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 30.4billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.4%.
Food safety testing is referred to as the inspection of food products for disease-causing chemicals, organisms, and other hazardous materials. It is generally targeted by three primary food contaminants such as chemicals, genetically modified organisms (GMO), and pathogens. Sales of food that is unfit and potentially harmful and deliberate misdescription of food are two main types of food frauds specified by the Food Standard Agency (FSA). Food safety testing is major and unavoidable factor in the food industry and helps businesses regulate pathogenic bacteria and allergic components to be present in food products.
Food Safety Testing Market: Drivers & Challenge
- Stringent Food Safety Regulations
Increased outbreaks of foodborne diseases across the globe, various regulatory bodies are implementing stringent food safety regulations to support the demand for food safety testing. According to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2019, almost 1 in 10 persons become ill because of eating contaminated food, and over 420,000 people die every year as a result of food-borne diseases, resulting in the loss of 33 million healthy life years. Factors such as growing complexity in the food supply chain, instances of adulteration, and lack of adoption of proper hygiene and sanitation have increased the instance of contamination of food products resulting in the outbreak of illness and poisoning in humans. This has caused severe concern among producers, end consumers, and regulatory authorities. Owing to these concerns stringent food safety regulations have been imposed by various bodies such as Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ISO, FSSAI, and amongst others. Thus, growing concern regarding the outbreak of foodborne diseases has lead to stringent food safety regulations by various food authorizes, which is further expected to drive the food safety testing market growth.
- Limited Supporting Infrastructure in Developing Countries
The food processing industry in developing countries is dominated by small-scale regional players and is highly fragmented. In countries such as Cuba, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh lack the basic supporting infrastructure required for setting up of testing laboratories. Moreover, such countries do not have adequate frameworks for food safety testing due to various constraints such as economic instability, limited awareness, and lack of government support. Thus, limited supporting infrastructure in developing countries has expected to hinder the growth of the food safety testing market during the forecasted period.
Food Safety Testing Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Test: Pathogens, Genetically Modified Organism (GMO), Pesticides, Allergens, Mycotoxin, Heavy Metals, and others.
- Segmentation based on technology: Traditional, andRapid.
- Segmentation based on food tested: Meat, Poultry, and Seafood, Processed Food, Dairy Products, Cereals & Grains, Fruits & Vegetables, and Other.
- Segmentation based on region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Food Safety Testing Market: Report Scope
The report on the food safety testing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Test, Technology, Food Tested, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- SGS SA(Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Eurofins Scientific
- Bureau Veritas
- Intertek Group plc
- ALS Laboratories (UK) Limited
- TÜV SÜD
- NEOGEN Corporation
- Merieux NutriSciences Corporation
- FoodChain ID Group Inc
- R J Hill Laboratories Limited
- Microbac Laboratories, Inc.
- Romer Labs
- Symbio Laboratories
- ADPEN Laboratories, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Food Safety Testing Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Food Safety Testing Market, by Test
- Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)
- Heavy Metals
Food Safety Testing Market, by Technology
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Chromatography & Spectrometry
Food Safety Testing Market, by Food Tested
- Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
- Processed Food
- Dairy Products
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
Food Safety Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Food Safety Testing Market Providers
- Food Safety Testing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Food Safety Testing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FOOD SAFETY TESTING MARKET STUDY