Flexible Plastic Packaging Market by Type (Zipper Lock Pouches, Stand-Up Pouches, Crinkly Wrappers & Bags), by End User (Food & Beverages, Healthcare, Personal Care), by Region (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America) – Global Forecast 2019 to 2025
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market: Summary
The Global Flexible Plastic Packaging Market is estimated to reach USD 152.5 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 4.8 %, says forencis research (FSR).
Flexible packaging is replacing the traditional rigid packaging due to numerous advantages which include convenience in handling and disposal, savings in transportation costs, etc. Flexible packaging consists of monolayer as well as multilayer films of plastics. Multi-layered laminated sheets of plastics consist of Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, and Polyvinyl Chloride. Surging demand for flexible plastic packaging from food & beverage, healthcare, and cosmetic industries are boosting the growth of the market.
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market : Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Demand from End-User
Food & beverage and healthcare are the major users of flexible plastic packaging. Growth of the market in food & beverage is dominant, as it ensures extended food quality, safety, and shelf life. Spend on packed foods is increasing owing to the increase in per capita income, increasing population, and urbanization, globally. Besides food & beverage, healthcare is also a major user of flexible plastic packaging. The pharmaceutical industry relies more on the packaging and regulations to protect and promote their products, in order to meet increasing regulations.
Afore said factors are expected to drive the demand of flexible plastic packaging market, globally during the forecast period.
- Growing Environmental Concerns
With increasing flexible plastic packaging the percentage of solid waste streams also increases and it poses environmental challenges. Improper disposal of plastics pouches and bags, leads to water pollution, disturbance of soil microbe activity, and the release of poisonous chemicals further harms human health and the entire ecosystem. This is considered a major threat to the environment, public health and is projected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Focus on Innovative and Cost-Effective Packaging Materials
New products in flexible packaging such as vacuum pouch, high-temperature retort pouch, stand-up pouch, etc. can lead to the changing flexible plastic packaging trends. Moreover, the emerging Nano-coated technology in the packaging of the food & beverage products is also expected to create new market opportunities for the key players.
Such factors coupled with increasing innovations in the packaging industry is expected to drive the flexible plastic packaging market, during the forecast period.
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market : Key Segments
- Key Segments by Type include: Zipper Lock Pouches, Stand-Up Pouches, Crinkly Wrappers and Bags, and Others
- Key Segments by Material include : Polypropylene, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Biopolymer, and Others
- Key Segments by End User include : Food & Beverages, Healthcare, Personal Care, and Others
- Key Regions Covered include: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market : Report Scope
The report on the flexible plastic packaging market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Units)
Type, Material, End User and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
Key Companies Covered
- Amcor plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Sealed Air
- CLONDALKIN GROUP
- Berry Global Inc.
- Sonoco Products Company
- Huhtamäki Oyj
- Other Key Companies
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market : Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market, by Type
- Zipper Lock Pouches
- Stand-Up Pouches
- Crinkly Wrappers and Bags
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market, by Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market, by End User
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
Flexible Plastic Packaging Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the emerging manufacturing technologies impacting the global market and its growth?
- What are the emerging Printing technologies used for flexible packaging?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Flexible Plastic Packaging Market Providers
- Flexible Plastic Packaging Market Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Flexible Plastic Packaging Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Growing Demand from End-User
4.2.2. Developing in E-Commerce Sector
4.3.1. Growing Environmental Concern
4.4.1. Increasing Focus on Innovative and Cost-Effective Packaging Materials
4.5.1. Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
6.2 Zipper Lock Pouches
6.3 Stand-Up Pouches
6.4 Crinkly Wrappers and Bags
7 FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET BY MATERIAL, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
7.3 Polyvinyl Chloride
7.6 Polyethylene Terephthalate
8 FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
8.2 Food & Beverages
8.4 Personal Care
9 FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 Amcor plc.
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.3 Sealed Air
11.4 CLONDALKIN GROUP
11.7 Berry Global Inc.
11.8 Sonoco Products Company
11.10 Huhtamäki Oyj
11.11 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY
Forencis Research follows robust and deep dive research methodologies to deliver accurate – current, estimated and forecasted market data. Our extensive primary and secondary research help in deriving reliable qualitative and quantitative data to provide verified market insights. Our research team tracks historic trends, existing and recent market dynamics, growth prospects, competitor landscape, and the entire value chain dynamics to attain reliable industry facts to reach accurate market estimates. Primary research is conducted through thorough interviews and detailed surveys with the Key Industry Experts and related participants across the value chain. Secondary research entails acquiring data through paid and reliable databases such as annual reports, SEC filings, research publications, association publications, investor presentations, white papers and other sources. All the above-obtained information is further processed and collated with our existing database prior to its presentation in our publications.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Single User PDF – $ 5,600
Multiple User PDF – $ 7,500
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- Major factors impacting the market and its growth
- Evolving Types of the various products in the Market
- Evolving Application of the various products in the Market
- Growing countries in the Global Market
- Effects of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players
- Key market developments undertaken by the leading players
Customize this Research
- Purchase sections of this report
- Purchase specific country/region analysis
- Avail Data in Preferred Format
- Customize any Type, Application, Geography or Company Profile to attain a Deeper Insight
- Request Updated Version of this Report