Fiber Optics Market: Summary
The Global Fiber Optics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 10.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 8.1%.
Fiber Optic is refers to a medium and the technology related with the transmission of information, as a light pulses with a glass or plastic fiber. It is also known as optical fiber cables which is similar to an electrical cable, with one of more optical fibers which are being used to carry light. Whereas, it is used for large distance as well as for high performance data networking. However, it being mostly used in telecommunication services such as telephones and internet television.
Hence, fiber optics is mostly used in broadcasting as well as for electronics to provide an advance connections and performance. Also, these can be installed to support the long distance connections between computer networks in various areas.
Fiber Optics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Demand for Fiber to the X (FTTX)
With the rising demand for Fiber to the X (FTTX) is witness to boost the growth of the market in the projected period. Whereas, the fiber has evolved an important components for network architectures, with its ability to accommodate great bandwidth with high speed. However, the high definition video need large number of bandwidth than a standard definition video. Also the companies such as Amazon Prime and Netflix is need at least 25 Mb/s speed for the high quality content. For these FTTH and FTTB is needed to provides an internet access will which lead to drive the fiber optics market.
Hence, the Internet of Thing (IoT) is an interconnection for a computer devices, which includes video projectors and printers. These also required a high speed internet services to work efficiently, as fiber act as optical medium for transfer information which may boost the fiber optics market in the forecast period.
- Wireless Communication Systems
One of the major key concern of the fiber optics market is the wireless communication systems and the Covid-19 Pandemics which may restraining factor for the growth of the market. Whereas, the wireless communication system helps to transmit data form one end to another with the microwave radio spectrum. However, it required a less cost for installation as compared to the fiber optic, which may create a challenging factor for the market growth. Also, major advantages of Radio Frequency (RF) and Free Space Optical (FSO) is their non-interference with each other. Hence, both the systems can be used together to improve the performance of the application.
Furthermore, the wireless communication systems lead to get more benefits then the fiber optics, which will lead to hinder the growth of the fiber optic market in the forecast period.
Fiber Optics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Fiber Type: Glass and Plastic.
- Segmentation based on Cable Type: Single Mode, Multi-Mode and Plastic Optical Fiber (POF).
- Segmentation based on Application: Telecom, Oil & Gas, BFSI, Military & Aerospace and Medical.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Fiber Optics Market: Report Scope
The report on the fiber optics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Fiber Type, Cable Type, Application and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Corning Incorporated (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- AFC Cable Systems
- Fujikura Ltd.
- II-VI Incorporated
- LS Cable & System Ltd
- Hitachi, Ltd
- Optical Cable Corporation
- Prysmian Group
- Sterlite Technologies Limited
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
- Yangtze Optical Fibre and Cable
- Coherent, Inc.
- Finolex Cables Ltd.
- Orbis Oy
Fiber Optics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Fiber Optics Market, by FiberType
Fiber Optics Market, by Cable Type
- Single Mode
- Plastic Optical Fiber (POF)
Fiber Optics Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
- Material Sensing
- High Bandwidth Communications
- Military & Aerospace
- Weapon System
- Surveillance System
- Optical Computing
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Biomedical Sensing
Fiber Optics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Fiber Optics Market Providers
- Fiber Optics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Fiber Optics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FIBER OPTICS MARKET STUDY