Fiber Cement Market: Summary
The Global Fiber Cement Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 21.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.2%.
Fiber cement is also known as the composite building or construction material of wood fibers, Portland cement, water, and silica, which is used in construction activities, due to its fire and impact resistant properties. Fiber cement is a low-cost composite material and provides resistance to fungi, mold, and bacteria, thus increasing its durability. It is used for exterior wall cladding, partition walls, ceilings, and decorative applications. Fiber cement decorative cladding is used for rain screen applications, while fiber cement boards are used in tunnels, corridors, shopping malls, hotel lobbies, and residential buildings, among others. It is chemically inert and, hence, can directly be dumped in landfills without causing harm to the environment.
Fiber Cement Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Increasing Government Regulations on Use of Asbestos
Asbestos is a group of six naturally occurring fibrous minerals composed of thin, needle-like fibers. Exposure to asbestos causes several cancers and diseases, including mesothelioma and asbestosis. Asbestos is an effective insulator, and it can be used in cloth, paper, cement, plastic and other materials to make them stronger. But when asbestos dust is inhaled or ingested, mineral fibers can become permanently trapped in the body. Although asbestos strengthens and fireproofs materials, it is banned in many countries. More than 50 countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and all 28 countries of the European Union, have banned the use of asbestos. But the U.S. continues to import and use asbestos with no plan for stricter regulations in place. Thus, increasing government regulation of the use of asbestos has expected to drive the fiber cement market globally.
- Growing Urbanization and Population in Emerging Economies
Globally, all future population growth will take place in cities, nearly all of it in Africa, Asia-Pacific, and South America. In contrast to the past, the role of migration in that growth will be smaller than the natural increase in most countries. This indicates a decisive shift from rural to urban growth, shifting a balance that has lasted for millennia between urban and rural areas. The world’s urban population is expected to grow from 4.2 billion in 2019 to 7 billion by 2050. Thus, as population and urbanization increase the demand for fiber cement will also increase for construction activities, which will be expected to create a huge market opportunity for the key market players.
Fiber Cement Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on material: Portland Cement, Sand, Cellulosic Material (Fiber), and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Molding and Trim, Siding, Roofing, Wall Partitions, Flooring, Backer Boards, and Others
- Segmentation based on end-user: Residential and Non-Residential.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Fiber Cement Market: Report Scope
The report on the Fiber Cement market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Material, Application, End-users, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- James Hardie Industries PLC. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Evonik Industries AG
- ETEX Group
- Toray Industries
- CSR Limited
- Nichiha Corporation
- Cembrit Group A/S
- The Siam Cement Public Company Limited
- Plycem Corporation
- Beijing Hocreboard Building Materials Co. Ltd
- Zhejiang Headerboard Building Materials Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Hailong New Building Materials Co., Ltd.
- Shera Public Company Limited
- TepeBetopan A.S.
- Jiahua Special Cement Co., Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Fiber Cement Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Fiber Cement Market, by Material
- Portland Cement
- Cellulosic Material (Fiber)
Fiber Cement Market, by Application
- Molding and Trim
- Wall Partitions
- Backer Boards
Fiber Cement Market, by End-Use
Fiber Cement Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Fiber Cement Market Providers
- Fiber Cement Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Fiber Cement Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FIBER CEMENT MARKET STUDY