Fertilizer Additives Market: Summary
The Global Fertilizer Additives Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 2.9%.
Fertilizers are the substance obtained naturally or chemically synthesized to improve the overall growth of the plants. These substances can be applied to the soil or plant tissues directly with water-soluble or readily available fertilizer in order to promote growth or productivity of the plant. Fertilizer additives are used to enhance the performance of the fertilizers through the addition of binding agents, anti-caking agents, corrosion inhibitors and others. It controls the application of the fertilizer in portions to provide positive effects on the growth of the plants.
Fertilizer Additives Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Demand for Fertilizers
Globally, the population is increasing at a rapid pace, resulting in higher demand for food. According to the United Nations report, the global population is expected to reach over 8.6 billion in 2050. Food and Agriculture Organization further explains that feeding a world population of over 8.6 billion in 2050 needs raising overall food production by approx. 70%. Shortage in the rural labor force, with relatively higher demand for food creates an urgent need for the agrochemicals such as fertilizers for boosting the agricultural yield. Limited availability of arable land coupled with increasing urbanization in the developing economies provides huge demand for fertilizers for increasing agriculture yield in the limited available space. Changing climatic conditions along with increasing efforts towards the adoption of advanced farming practices, is projected to propel the market growth.
- Growing Demand for Organic Fertilizers
The growth of the fertilizer additives is mainly hampered by the use of the organic fertilizers, which eliminates the use of any fertilizers to boost the overall performance. Increasing awareness regarding drawbacks of using synthetically produced chemical-based fertilizers that hamper the human, as well as environmental health, is acting as a real threat to the fertilizer additive market. Shifting preference of the farmers towards organic fertilizer over conventional synthetic ones is expected to hinder the market growth in the upcoming timespan.
Fertilizer Additives Market: Key Segments
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into: Granular, Liquid and Pellet.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into: Granulation Additives, Binders, Anti-caking Agents, Corrosion Inhibitors, Moisture Repellent Coating and Others
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into: Nitrogen Fertilizers, Phosphorus Fertilizers, Calcium, Magnesium And Sulphur Fertilizers, Micronutrient Fertilizers and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Fertilizer Additives Market: Report Scope
The report on the Fertilizer Additives market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kilotons)
Form, Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Arkema (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Novochem Group
- Kao Corporation
- Dorf Ketal Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Hubei Fubon Technology Co., Ltd.
- Instral BV
- Michelman, Inc.
- ChemSol, LLC
- Other Key Companies
Fertilizer Additives Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Fertilizer Additives Market, by Form
Fertilizer Additives Market, by Type
- Granulation Additives
- Anti-caking Agents
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Moisture Repellent Coating
Fertilizer Additives Market, by Application
- Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Phosphorus Fertilizers
- Calcium, Magnesium And Sulphur Fertilizers
- Micronutrient Fertilizers
Fertilizer Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Fertilizer Additives Market Providers
- Fertilizer Additives Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Fertilizer Additives Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FERTILIZER ADDITIVES MARKET STUDY