Feed Yeast Market: Summary
The Global Feed Yeast Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 2.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.8%.
Yeast is a eukaryotic single-celled microorganism of fungi. It is one of the microbe additives in the feed of livestock which helps to improve the digestive process of animals, especially in ruminants. Products containing yeast helps to stimulate the beneficial microflora in cattle, which in turn influence the growth of animals. Increase nitrogen utilization and reduce acidosis in animals are benefits offered by the feed yeast. Moreover, feed yeast is also used in porcine feed to increase immunoglobulins in sow milk and reduce the occurrence of diarrhea.
Feed Yeast Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Need as a Replacement for Antibiotics in Animal Nutrition
In order to promote animal production and improve feed efficiency, antibiotics are used in feed for livestock such as poultry. However, the use of antibiotics in livestock feed has a negative impact on human health and the environment. This has resulted to impose bans by various governments to limit of use of antibiotics or replace them with different alternatives. For instance, according to Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. has banned the use of antibiotics to improve feed efficiency since 2017. This has attributed to replacing the use of antibiotics with yeast-based ingredients. Yeast-based ingredients are the perfect replacement for antibiotics, as they improve digestion and provide vital nutrients such as protein and vitamins to animals. Thus, increasing the use of feed yeast as a replacement of antibiotics in animal nutrition has expected to drive the growth of the product market.
- Commercialization of Low-quality and Duplicate Products
Regulatory compliance and lack of transparency in patent protection law have led to duplication of products in various countries. Regional and local manufacturers of feed yeast are introduced the low quality of products to cater to the growing need of feed yeast. These low quality and duplicate products may create health issues in the livestock which will result in a major concern for the producer. Moreover, the presence of small players in emerging markets of Asia Pacific offer feed ingredients without any brand name and increase their profit margin by selling unauthorized duplicate products. Thus, the availability of low price and low-quality feed yeast ingredients has attracted feed producers. Thus, commercialization of low quality and duplicate products has become a major challenge to the feed yeast market.
Feed Yeast Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Brewer’s Yeast, Probiotic Yeast, Specialty Yeast, and Yeast Derivatives.
- Segmentation based on livestock: Poultry, Ruminants, Swine, and Others.
- Segmentation based on form: Powder, and Liquid.
- Segmentation based on genus: Saccharomyces spp., Facial Kluyveromyces spp., and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Feed Yeast Market: Report Scope
The report on the Feed Yeast market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Livestock, Form, Genus, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- ADM Animal Nutrition (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Associated British Foods plc
- Nutreco N.V.
- Lallemand Inc.
- NOVUS INTERNATIONAL
- AngelYeast Co., Ltd.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Kemin Industries, Inc
- Prosol S.p.A
- F.L. EMMERT
- BIOMIN Holding GmbH
- Devenish Nutrition
- SIVER-AGRO LLC
- Other Key Companies
Feed Yeast Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Feed Yeast Market, by Type
- Brewer’s Yeast
- Probiotic Yeast
- Specialty Yeast
- Yeast Derivatives
Feed Yeast Market, by Livestock
Feed Yeast Market, by Form
Feed Yeast Market, by Genus
- Saccharomyces spp.
- Kluyveromyces spp.
Feed Yeast Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Feed Yeast Market Providers
- Feed Yeast Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Feed Yeast Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FEED YEAST MARKET STUDY