Ethylene Carbonate Market: Summary
The Global Ethylene Carbonate Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 476 million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Ethylene Carbonate is a highly polar solvent having a high boiling point, low toxic, no odour, highly soluble for polymers. As it is highly polar solvent its permittivity is also high thus it is widely used in electrolyte solutions in lithium-ion batteries. It is produced by the reaction between ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide with a variety of cations and complexes acting as catalysts.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Shift Towards the Use of Electric Vehicles
The ethylene carbonate is extensive uses as an electrolyte in lithium-ion batteries. The increasing shift towards the use of electric vehicles is owing to the benefits such as cost-effectiveness, easy maintenance, reduced fuel costs, as well as fuel-efficiency. The demand is supported by the stringent regulations set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the EU’s environmental standards to curb CO2 emission, which is expected to fuel the demand for Li-Ion batteries. Electric car deployment has been growing rapidly over the past ten years, with the global stock of electric passenger cars passing 5 million in 2018, an increase of 63% from the previous year. Around 45% of electric cars on the road in 2018 were in China – a total of 2.3 million – compared to 39% in 2017. In comparison, Europe accounted for 24% of the global fleet, and the United States 22%. Thus, the increasing shift towards the use of electric vehicles is expected to boost the demand for Li-Ion batteries which is likely to drive the global ethylene carbonate market.
- Fluctuating Cost of the Raw Materials
Ethylene carbonate is produced by the reaction between ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide. It can also be produced from the reaction of urea and ethylene glycol using zinc oxide as a catalyst at a temperature high temperature and pressure. Volatility in the prices of these materials is a major factor likely to hamper the market growth during the assessment period. The price fluctuations are attributed to the mining and extraction of the raw materials, which are dependent on geological and geopolitical factors. Additionally, materials such as ethylene oxide, urea, and ethylene glycol are petroleum-based products, which add up the cost on account of the supply-demand gap of crude oil.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on application: Lithium Battery Electrolytes, Lubricants, Plasticizers, Surface Coatings, Chemical Intermediates, Fiber Processing Agents, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-user industry : Automotive Industry, Oil & Gas Industry, Personal Care & Hygiene Industry, Industrial Sector, Medical Industry, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Report Scope
The report on the Ethylene Carbonate market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Tons)
Application, End-Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Huntsman International LLC
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- New Japan Chemical Co., Ltd
- Toagosei Co., Ltd
- Shandong Senjie Cleantech Co., Ltd
- PANAX ETEC
- Zibo Donghai Industries Co., Ltd
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- ALFA AESAR
- Other Key Companies
Ethylene Carbonate Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Ethylene Carbonate Market, by Application
- Lithium Battery Electrolytes
- Surface Coatings
- Chemical Intermediates
- Fiber Processing Agents
Ethylene Carbonate Market, by End-User Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Personal Care & Hygiene Industry
- Industrial Sector
- Medical Industry
Ethylene Carbonate Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Ethylene Carbonate Market Providers
- Ethylene Carbonate Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Ethylene Carbonate Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ETHYLENE CARBONATE MARKET STUDY