Ethoxylates Market: Summary
The Global Ethoxylates Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 14.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 2.8%.
Ethoxylates are organic compounds that are manufactured by treatment of alcohols and phenols with ethylene oxide in the presence of catalyst namely potassium hydroxide. They are usually obtained by the addition of ethylene oxide (EO) to compounds comprising dissociated protons. Ethoxylates are more prominently used in a variety of industries due to their emulsifying properties. Ethoxylates are used as intermediates during the manufacture of detergents, surface cleaners, cosmetics, and paints. Textile processing, paints & coatings, agriculture, pulp & paper, and personal care industries are the major end-users of ethoxylates. Ethoxylates are used widely in industrial applications due to high water solubility, good formulation, low aquatic toxicity, and excellent wetting ability.
Ethoxylates Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increased Demand for Low-Rinse Detergents
The low-rinse detergent demand is increasing significantly in various end-use industries, owing to low-foaming detergents is a strong cleaner than the high-foaming detergents, and its level of foam produced does not correlate with the cleaning power of detergents. They do not ionize in solution and thus have no electrical charge; they are resistant to hardness is a major reason behind the popularity of low-rinse detergents. Companies are focusing on developing low-rinse products such as methyl ester ethoxylates, as these products produce low foam which also helps in reducing water usage. These low-foaming detergents are preferred for washing machines, automatic dishwashing machines, and rinse aids. Ethoxylates are mainly non-ionic surfactants, so with the increasing demand of non-rinse detergents, the demand of ethoxylates is also increasing. Thus, the increasing demand for low-rinse detergent is expected to boost the global ethoxylates market.
- Low Potential of Ethoxylates In Developed Countries
There are many personal care and household products, which are manufactured by using alternatives to ethoxylates. At present, ethoxylates are growing at a moderate growth rate across the globe. With the increasing usage of substitute products in household & personal care products, the demand for ethoxylates will also decrease. Some of the ethoxylates, for instance, Nonylphenol are toxic in nature, due to which they are banned in many countries. The major substitutes of ethoxylates are sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, and ammonium laurel sulfate. The market share of these substitute products is increasing, which is a barrier to the growth of ethoxylates in developed nations. Hence, the ethoxylates market has less potential in developed countries although they have high penetration in household & personal care products. Thus, the low potential of ethoxylates in developed countries is to act as a major restraint towards the growth of the market.
Ethoxylates Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Alcohol Ethoxylates, Fatty Amine Ethoxylates, Fatty Acid Ethoxylates, Methyl Ester Ethoxylates, Glyceride Ethoxylates, and Others
- Segmentation based end-use industry: Household & Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, Agrochemicals, Oilfield Chemicals, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Ethoxylates Market: Report Scope
The report on the Ethoxylates market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, End-Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Roya Dutch Shell
- Huntsman International LLC
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Solvay SA
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Sasol Ltd.
- Ineos Group Limited,
- Arkema SA
Ethoxylates Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Ethoxylates Market, by Type
- Alcohol Ethoxylates
- Fatty Amine Ethoxylates
- Fatty Acid Ethoxylates
- Methyl Ester Ethoxylates
- Glyceride Ethoxylates
Ethoxylates Market, by Application
- Household & Personal Care
- Oilfield Chemicals
Ethoxylates Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Ethoxylates Market Providers
- Ethoxylates Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Ethoxylates Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ETHOXYLATES MARKET STUDY