eSIM Market: Summary
The Global eSIM Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.75 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 16.2%.
The embedded SIM (eSIM) in communication device allows to activate network subscription services on the device without using physical SIM. The phone manufacturers are switching their traditional technology to eSIM for better design and create better experience to device owners. Rising usage of wearable electronics & high-end smartphones and high adoption of IoT technology will expected to drive the market during the forecast period. However, lack of technology awareness will hinder the market growth during growth period.
eSIM Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Usage of Wearable Electronics and High-End Smartphone
Source: Forencis Analysis
Wearable electronics have evolved from life-saving devices to fashion accessories and range from activity monitor bracelets, smart watches, and smart glasses to GPS enabled shoes, all of which now have a growing market demand. Increasing developments in wireless technologies, and developments in communication technologies will increase the wearable electronics and smartphones market will directly increase the eSIM market.
- Lack of Technology Awareness
The Embedded SIM is a programmable SIM which can be remotely provisioned and integrated in any type of mobile devices whether for the consumer market. Due to less service provision and less marketing of eSIM, many of the customers are did not aware about the eSIM advantages and their applications. Moreover, the eSIM technology is available only for the high-end smartphones and high-end wearable devices which normal customers cannot afford. Hence they did not get full advantages and hence it will hinder the growth of the market during forecast period.
eSIM Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on application: Smartphones, M2M, Laptops, Tablets, Wearables, Connected Cars, and Others
- Segmentation based on end use industry: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Transportation & Logistics, manufacturing, Retail, Others (Energy & Utilities)
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
eSIM Market: Report Scope
The report on the eSIM market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Application, End Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- TE Connectivity (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Gemalto (Thales Group)
- NXP Semiconductors
- Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security GmbH
- NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Sierra Wireless
- Telefónica S.A.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Apple Inc.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd.
- Orange S.A
- Other Key Companies
eSIM Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
eSIM Market, by Application
- Connected Cars
eSIM Market, by End-Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Transportation & Logistics
- Others (Energy & Utilities)
eSIM Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- eSIM Market Providers
- eSIM Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of eSIM Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE eSIM MARKET STUDY