EPOXY RESIN MARKET: Summary
The Global Epoxy Resin Market is expected to witness growth till USD 12.5 billion with the CAGR of 6% within the forecast period 2020-2027.
Epoxy resin alternatively termed as the polyepoxide or epoxies is the thermosetting resin having higher flexural strength, tough, superior ability to adhere with excellent thermal and chemical resistance. It also has relatively good electrical properties and low moisture absorption, low shrinkage, and toxicity. The synthesis of the epoxy resin is through the reaction of epichlorohydrin with the polyphenolic compounds, diamines, amino phenols, heterocyclic imides and amides, aliphatic diols or compounds with active hydrogen group. The epoxy resin can be cured easily and are compatible with most substrates, which makes it a preferable option for the composite application. Additional uses include the building of electronic components such as fiber optics and electrical circuit boards. Epoxy resin is used in a range of industries including construction and manufacturing.
EPOXY RESIN MARKET: Drivers & OPPORtunity
- Growing Demand in Paints And Coatings
The epoxy resin finds key application in the paints and coating owing to its excellent properties such as higher durability, flexural strength, resistance to corrosion, scratch, and chemicals. These resins are used in the coatings for obtaining higher performance, durability, protection and better aesthetic appeal. Growing use of surface and floor coatings across manufacturing plants, laboratories, concrete industrial floorings drives the demand for epoxy resins. Increasing application of epoxy wall coatings across healthcare facilities, schools, commercial buildings, factories, food preparation and processing rooms for attaining better sanitization, chemical resistance, light reflectivity is further pushing the market growth.
- Expanding Application Areas
Epoxy resins are used in varied application areas including transport, packaging, strapping, solar energy, hydropower, decoration, and many others. Superior adhesion, chemical resistance, and other specialized properties. Technological development resulting into development of the newer epoxy resins that results varied in viscosity, processing, curing, and many other parameters creating a new area of application. Thus, wide application areas are witnessing a high growth for the epoxy resin market.
- Untapped Potential of Bio-based Epoxy Resin
Bio-based epoxy resins are advanced thermosetting resins prepared from plant-based materials or renewable raw materials such as natural oils, natural phenol compounds have attracted manufacturers owing to easy availability and environmentally friendly nature. The market is expected to experience high growth in the forecast owing to higher awareness regarding hazardous effects of the petroleum-based synthetic raw materials contributing immensely in harmful industrial process and environmental issues. Thus, the growing environmental issues and economic concerns pushing the manufacturers and end-user towards investing in the bio-based products may boost the market growth in the near future.s
EPOXY RESIN market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on form: Solid and Liquid.
- Segmentation based on type: Bisphenol Epoxy Resins, Aliphatic Epoxy Resins, Novolac Epoxy Resins and Halogenated Epoxy Resins
- Segmentation based on application: Paints and Coatings, Food & Beverages, Transport, Construction, Consumer Application, Marine and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
EPOXY RESIN MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the Epoxy Resin market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Form, Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY Companies Covered
- Olin Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Huntsman International LLC
- Olin Corporation
- KUKDO CHEMICAL CO., LTD
- EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG
- Jiangsu sanmu group Co,Ltd
- NAN YA Plastics Industrial Co., Ltd
- Atul Ltd.
- Other Key Players
EPOXY RESIN MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Epoxy Resin Market, by Form
Epoxy Resin Market, by Type
- Bisphenol Epoxy Resins
- Aliphatic Epoxy Resins
- Novolac Epoxy Resins
- Halogenated Epoxy Resins
Epoxy Resin Market, by Application
- Paints and Coatings
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Application
Epoxy Resin Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Epoxy Resin Market Providers
- Epoxy Resin Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of EPOXY RESIN Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE EPOXY RESIN MARKET STUDY