Electronic Warfare Market: Summary
The Global Electronic Warfare Market is estimated to reach USD 38.6 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.1 %.
Electronic warfare involves the use of electromagnetic spectrum to analyze, intercept, manipulate or crush the enemy’s use of spectrum. It uses usually laser light or radio waves to disable or confuse the enemy’s attack. The use of signals such as radar, radio or infrared to locating, protecting, detecting, analyzing, jamming and communicating is electronic warfare.
Electronic Warfare Market: Drivers & Restraints
- High Spending in Defense & Military Sector
The world’s armed forces require the latest technology to protect and provide successful outcome’s in any war and post-conflict situation. For this, it is essential to design the next generation of electronic warfare (EW) technology. Higher spending on defense & military sectors for the electronic warfare system is projected to fuel the market growth. For instance, in 2019, the Pentagon wants to increase procurement funding by 9.7% for electronic warfare research & development, evaluation, and test. Also, Trump Administration will increase investment in the Department of Defense (DoD) budget, especially in improving the capability of electronic warfare by USD 1.48 billion ,USD 1.53 billion and USD 1.41 billion in 2021, 2022 and 2023, respectively.
- Introduction of Cognitive Systems into Electronic Warfare Technologies
Also known as machine learning or Artificial Intelligence (AI), the cognitive systems can learn, sense and communicate and interact naturally with the environment. Applying cognitive systems to electronic warfare helps in developing defense researchers to identify patterns and expand hypotheses that can result in broad improvements across multiple systems. Also, they have the ability to detect an unknown threat in a hostile environment with the help of machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence.
Thus, adding cognitive systems into electronic warfare technologies is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period.
- Focus of Emerging Economies on Conventional Warfare Systems
Today, the military and defense sector require a new array of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), cyber technology, robotics, hypersonic, and others. Although the dangers, ramifications and risks of these weapons are not yet widely recognized. Due to technological limitations and high cost in emerging economies, these countries rely more on battlefield tactics and use conventional weapons.
Thus, lower penetration of electronic warfare in emerging economies acts as a restraining factor for electronic warfare market growth during the forecast period.
Electronic Warfare Market: Key Segments
- Based on Category: Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support.
- Based on Product: Jammers, Decoys, Countermeasure System, Antennas, Laser Warning System, Radar Warning Receiver, Direction Finders and Others.
- Based on Platform: Airborne-based, Land-based, Naval-based and Space.
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America with individual country-level analysis
Electronic Warfare Market: Report Scope
The report on the Electronic Warfare Market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Category, Product, Platform, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
Key Companies Covered
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Elbit Systems Ltd.,
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Saab AB
- Thales Group
- Textron Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Raytheon Company
- Leonardo S.p.A.
Electronic Warfare Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Electronic Warfare Market, by Category
- Electronic Attack
- Electronic Protection
- Electronic Support
Electronic Warfare Market, by Product
- Countermeasure System
- Laser Warning System
- Radar Warning Receiver
- Direction Finders
Electronic Warfare Market, by Platform
Electronic Warfare Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Electronic Warfare Market Providers
- Electronic Warfare Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Electronic Warfare Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ELECTRONIC WARFARE MARKET STUDY