E-Waste Management Market: Summary
The Global E-Waste Management Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 18.6 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 21.6%.
Electronic waste or e-waste comprises All devices of electrical and electronics equipment and their parts which are abandoned by the user as waste . Any device discarded from household or industrial entities, which has circuitry, any electrical & electronic component, and battery will be included in the category of e-waste. The waste generated have the possibility of getting reused, they need to be disposed properly and also they can be treated to recover useful material which can be utilized in new products; all these processes comes under e-waste management. E-waste management helps in retrieving precious metals and other materials, decreasing pollution, and restrict landfilling of scrap material.
E-Waste Management Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Supportive Regulatory Framework
The governing authorities of various countries are creating structured supportive regulatory framework to increase adoption of e-waste management practices. The European Union has WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU) to regulate e-waste systematically. This directive is formed to govern the collection, recycling and recovery of e-waste, and have provisions to encourage proper discarding and treatment of e-waste. In addition, the US and Canada have respective state and provincial laws to manage e-waste.
Hence, supportive regulatory framework can be a contributing factor in the growth of the e-waste management market, during the forecast period.
- Rapid Adoption of Electronic Devices
In past few years, expansion and adoption of electronic devices has increased substantially. Owing to the expansion of digitalization, smart equipment, e-mobility, the sales of electrical and electronics equipment is growing notably. Other factors supporting the growth of electrical and electronic devices are expanding telecommunication market, rapid technological advancements, increasing multiple device ownership, and increasing cloud computing services. As the number of e-devices are increasing the amount of e-waste generated may also uplift which will surge the demand for e-waste management solutions.
Hence, rapid adoption of electronic devices can be a contributing factor in the growth of the e-waste management market, during the forecast period.
- Informal Recycling in Developing Countries
Currently, one of the major problem faced by the e-waste management industry is informal recycling sites in developing countries. In New Zealand and other Pacific Island countries don’t have any official data regarding e-waste collection as the informal recycling is prominent in this region. Dismantling and recycling of e-waste under informal sector is a growing business in Bangladesh. Such activities lead to repercussion on health and environment and thus expansion of proper e-waste management solution providers is required.
Hence, informal recycling in developing countries can be a limiting factor in the growth of the e-waste management market, during the forecast period.
E-Waste Management Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on material: Metal, Glass, Plastic, and Others
- Segmentation based on source: Temperature Exchange Equipment, Lighting Equipment, Panels and Displays, Large Equipment, Small Equipment, IT and Telecommunication Equipment, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
E-Waste Management Market: Report Scope
The report on the E-Waste Management market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Material, Source, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Aurubis AG (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Sims Metal Management Limited
- MBA Polymers Inc.
- Stena Metall AB
- Enviro-Hub Holdings Ltd
- Tetronics (International) Limited
- TRIPLE M METAL LP
- Other Key Companies
E-Waste Management Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
E-Waste Management Market, by Material
E-Waste Management Market, by Source
- Temperature Exchange Equipment
- Lighting Equipment
- Panels and Displays
- Large Equipment
- Small Equipment
- IT and Telecommunication Equipment
E-Waste Management Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- E-Waste Management Market Providers
- E-Waste Management Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of E-Waste Management Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE E-WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET STUDY