E-Pharmacy Market: Summary
The Global E-Pharmacy Market is projected to reach a value of USD 123.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 14.2%.
The e-pharmacy is refers to an online medical store where we can purchase medicines and other pharmacy product from home. It is also widely known as mail order pharmacy and internet pharmacy. It offers the convenience to the customers in purchasing as well as delivering the products, providing valuable information on the prescribed drugs, and offers transparency in prices. Global e-pharmacy market is rising with the rising access to web-based and online services. However, the growing large number of illegitimate e-pharmacies are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
E-Pharmacy Market: Market Dynamics
- Growing Internet Penetration Across the World
- There has been growing internet penetration across the world is play a significant role for the e-pharmacy market. As the millennial in the generation are majorly depend on the online procurements of the goods such as counter medicines
- The rising internet penetration has grown at a rapid pace in the countries such as India, with the Digital India Program underway, the number of internet users is set to reach more than 500 Million by 2025
- Moreover, the North America is leading in terms of Internet penetration with more than 80% of the population connected to the Internet whereas in Europe with about 70% penetration
- As the sales channels of industries are going online with the shopping benefits it offers to the buyers. The online pharmacies are expected to witness a growth during the forecast period with the rise of Internet penetration as well as by growing trend of online shopping
- For example, there is various startup springing up throughout the globe due to the advent of the new information technologies as well as the algorithms which lead to offers better consumer experiences and satisfactions
- Furthermore, the mobile apps are also getting huge popularity and becoming part of everyday lives. The use of mobile apps in online pharmacy sector is increasing rapidly, with availability of several Android and iOS application that enable patients to order prescriptions easily and quickly.
- Rising Usage of Mobile Application
- Increasing Adoption of Ecommerce and Digital Technologies in Healthcare
- Growing Large Number of illegitimate ePharmacies
E-Pharmacy Market: Key Segments
- The E-Pharmacy Market is majorly segments into drugs type and product type.
- On the basis of drugs type, the market is sub segmented into prescription drugs and over the counter (OTC) drugs. The prescription drugs is excepted to hold the higher share in the forecast period. As there is rising implementation of e-prescriptions, and the strict regulatory policies about the online pharmacies leading to the enhance the quality of drugs to be sold.
- On the basis of product type, the market is bifurcated into dental, weight loss, skin care, vitamins, cold and flu and other.
E-Pharmacy Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share, as theU.S is excepted to hold the high penetration market of internet due to the well developed infrastructure as well as the rise in number of people suffering from Covid-19 is also lead to boost the market growth in the region.. However, Asia-Pacific is projected grow at the fastest growth rate, with the emerging economies, such as China and India lead to possess high growth rate in the forecast period.
E-Pharmacy Market: Report Scope
The report on the e-pharmacy market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Drugs Type and Product Type
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Avery Dennison Corporation (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Cardinal Health
- Coloplast Corp
- CVS Health
- Express Scripts Holding Company
- Giant Eagle, Inc.
- OptumRx, Inc.
- The Kroger Co.
- Walgreen Co.
- Other Key Companies
E-Pharmacy Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
E-Pharmacy Market, by Drugs Type
- Prescription Drugs
- Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs
E-Pharmacy Market, by Product Type
- Weight Loss
- Skin Care
- Cold and Flu
E-Pharmacy Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- E-Pharmacy Market Providers
- E-Pharmacy Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of E-Pharmacy Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE E-PHARMACY MARKET STUDY