Dunnage Packaging Market: Summary
The Global Dunnage Packaging Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.5billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Dunnage packaging refers to the protective packaging solution used in transportation and logistics operation to cater damage control to the goods. During transit, the packed product may go through tough environmental conditions while in sorting facilities, ship, trucks, and other vehicles. Dunnage packaging is useful as it prevents items from moving and help to absorb the shock. Some of the major benefits offered by dunnage packing are damage protection, moisture protection, and shock absorption. Solid plastic, bubble wrap, wood, air pillow, foam, kraft paper, corrugated paper, and others are some of the common dunnage materials used for shipping packaging.
Dunnage Packaging Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Higher Demand from Automotive Industry
According to the European Automotive Manufacturing Association (ACEA), 92.8 million motor vehicles were produced globally in 2019. Manufacturers in automotive industry transport finished and semi-finished automotive components which include the delivery of body parts from various vendors or components fromsuppliers to the assembly parts. Thus, short distance and frequent transportation of heavy and high-volume products haveencouraged automotive companies to adopt durable packaging solutions, as damage to the good is one of the major concerns. Dunnage packaging offers various benefits such as moisture protection, damage protection, and shock absorption owing to which major automotive manufacturers are adopting dunnage packaging solution. Thus, higher demand from the automotive industry to prevent damages to goods during transportation has expected to drive the market growth.
- Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices
Volatility in the prices of these materials is a major factor likely to hamper the market growth during the forecasted period. The fluctuating price of petroleum product due to supply and demand gap, natural disasters, production cost along with storage capacity.This has lead to uncertainty in the availability of raw materials at a lower or economical price. For instance, the COVID-19 pandemic which broke in January 2020 has largely affected the petroleum prices which in turn have affected the raw material price. Thus, fluctuations in raw material prices have posed a major challenge to the growth of the market.
Dunnage Packaging Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based onmaterial type: Corrugated Plastic, Molded Plastic, Aluminum, Steel, Foam, Fabric, Corrugated Paper, Wood,andOthers.
- Segmentation based on end user: Automotive, Aerospace,Electronics,Food & Beverages, Consumer Durables, Healthcare, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Dunnage Packaging Market: Report Scope
The report on the dunnage packagingmarket covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Material Type, End User, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Liquibox(Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- DS Smith
- Menasha Corporation
- NEFAB GROUP
- UFP Technologies, Inc.
- mjsolpac Ltd
- Rehrig Pacific Company
- Amatech Inc
- GWP Correx
- INTERIOR PACKAGING DESIGN, LLC
- Packaging Corporation of America
- Salco Engineering & Mfg.
- Menasha Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Dunnage Packaging Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Dunnage Packaging Market, by Material Type
- Corrugated Plastic
- Molded Plastic
- Corrugated Paper
Dunnage Packaging Market, by End User
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Durables
Dunnage Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Dunnage Packaging Market Providers
- Dunnage Packaging Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Dunnage Packaging Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE DUNNAGE PACKAGING MARKET STUDY