Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market: Summary
The Global Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 320.6 Million by 2027 at a CAGR of over 8.5%.
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell (DMFC) is the electrochemical device or polymer membrane fuel cell that operates through conversion of the methanol derived chemical energy into the electricity. It is an environmental friendly alternative to the conventional methods as it emits very low amount of CO2 and waste heat along with water vapor. DMFC has gained popularity owing to higher efficiency, rapid refueling, and longer operation time owing to higher energy density of methanol. Due to this advantages, DMFC is rapidly adopted in the automotive, marine, consumer electronics and military application.
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand for Clean Power Source
The DMFC is the promising source of cleaner power generation as it uses method for production of electricity and emits less amount of CO2, a greenhouse gas. Changing global climate and increasing global warming, is driving the demand for the sustainable power generation. Growing global population resulting into higher energy demand, with favorable government support to promote energy generation in cleaner way is further fueling the demand for the DMFC. Ongoing industrialization, growing demand for electrically powered devices and vehicles is generating higher energy demand, which is expected to boost the market growth in the years to follow.
- Growing Demand for Portable Electronic Devices
With ongoing digitization globally, the demand for the electronic devices has been escalated in past few years. Rising usage of smart phones, laptops, tablets and other devices, an outcome of higher internet penetration is driving the growth of this market. Additionally, advantages associated with the portable devices are easy to carry, compact, and emerging advanced technologies is driving the demand for the portable devices, which is further fueling the market growth
The growth of the DMFC market is expected to hamper owing to high cost of the DMFC. The high cost of the DMFC is mainly due to the expensive materials such as platinum and platinum-based alloys contributing to escalated cost per kilowatt. The cost of the DMFC is further piled up owing to the high cost of the catalyst, membrane, electrode, and bi-polar plates.
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market: Key Segments
- On the basis of Component, the market is segmented into: Proton Conducting Membrane, Electrodes, Membrane Electrode Assembly and Porous Transport Layers
- On the basis of Application, the market is segmented into: Consumer Electronics, Transportation and Military Equipment.
- On the basis of Geography, the market is segmented into: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market: Report Scope
The report on the direct methanol fuel cell market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Units)
Component and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Panasonic (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Oorja Protonics
- Chung-Hsin Electric & Machinery Manufacturing Corporation
- Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
- SFC Energy AG
- Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
- Element 1
- Roland Gumpert
- Blue World Technologies
- Other Key Companies
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market, by Component
- Proton Conducting Membrane
- Membrane Electrode Assembly
- Porous Transport Layers
Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Marine & Sub-marine
- Military Equipment
Direct methanol fuel cell Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market Providers
- Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE DIRECT METHANOL FUEL CELL MARKET STUDY