Dairy Testing Market: Summary
The Global Dairy Testing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.4%.
Dairy products are produced from natural as well as synthetic milk and are widely consumed across the globe as a major source of nutrients. These products are easily susceptible to deterioration owing to the biochemical instability causing contamination and souring with sanitizing agents may cause abnormal appearance in the milk. Additionally, harmful adulterants are often introduced to these products that may intervene with the health of the consumers. Thus, in order to measure and ensure the quality of dairy products, various safety and quality test are conducted during its manufacturing process. Improve production efficiency, extend shelf life, and decrease in hold time are some of the advantages of testing dairy products.
Dairy Testing Market: Drivers & Challenge
- Increasing Incidences of Pathogen Contamination in Dairy Foods
Pasteurized and raw milk can be contaminated during bottling, shipment, and storage. The prominent causes for the contamination of pasteurized milk are equipment failure and post-pasteurization contamination. The four prominent sources of pathogens in raw milk are Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes, Escherichia coli, and Campylobacter which are the major source of bacterial pathogens leading to illness and infections in human beings. According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), in the U.S. outbreaks associated with dairy consumption caused an average 760 illness per year in 2017. Thus, regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and others across the globe are mentoring and regulating the consumption of raw milk and stating the risk associated with raw milk consumption. For instance, according to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), imposed (21 CFR.1240.61) regulation which banned the interstate sales & distribution of raw milk. Thus, increasing the incidence of pathogens contamination in dairy foods has expected to drive the growth of the dairy testing market during the forecasted period.
- Lack of Harmonization of Food Safety Standards
Increasing incidents of an outbreak of foodborne illness have surges various regulatory bodies to implement various regulation for manufacturing and consumption of raw milk. For instance, the government of Canada, imposed Dairy Products Regulations (SOR/79-840), stating standards for inspection packaging, and labelling of dairy products. Moreover, according to the European Union, Council Directive 2002/99/EC forms the legal basis for all animal health rules governing the production, processing, distribution and introduction of products of animal origin for human consumption. Manufacturers and suppliers lack in following the rules and regulation stated by the various governing bodies. Thus, the lack of harmonization of food safety standards may pose a major challenge in the growth of the market.
Dairy Testing Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Type: Safety Testing, and Quality Testing.
- Segmentation based on Technology: HPLC-based, LC-MS/MS-based, Immunoassay-based, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Product: Milk & Milk Powder, Cheese, Butter & Spreads, Infant food, Ice Creams & Desserts, Yogurt, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Dairy Testing Market: Report Scope
The report on the dairy testing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Technology, Product, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- SGS SA (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Eurofins Scientific
- Intertek Group plc
- Mérieux NutriSciences
- TÜV SÜD
- ALS Laboratories (UK) Limited
- UL LLC
- NEOGEN Corporation
- NSF International
- Microbac Laboratories, Inc.
- Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH
- Bureau Veritas
- Other Key Companies
Dairy Testing Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Dairy Testing Market, by Type
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Escherichia coli
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOS)
- Mycotoxin Testing
Dairy Testing Market, by Technology
Dairy Testing Market, by Product
- Milk & Milk Powder
- Cheese, Butter & Spreads
- Infant food
- Ice Creams & Desserts
Dairy Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Dairy Testing Market Providers
- Dairy Testing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Dairy Testing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE DAIRY TESTING MARKET STUDY